It has only been two weeks, but I feel like I've been talking about the Winter Fancy Food Show for months now. If you're bored of it, don't worry, this is the last one and if you're afraid you've missed some of the coverage, then fear no more. I've got one final recap that rolls all the other recaps into one.
The Winter Fancy Food Show was a "gorge yourself silly, check out our new products and taste our old ones too" sort of an event. With over 1,000 vendors and 80,000 things to eat, it was a bit overwhelming, by day three I was tired of walking the aisles and needed to take a long nap (that happens after a sugar crash).
While there we ran into a few celebrity chefs:
- Paula Deen
- Ina Garten (aka The Barefoot Contessa) - be sure to see our video interview
- Martin Yan - he was also kind enough to do a video interview
We also identified some major food trends:
- Teas - blooming teas, organic teas, fair trade teas - be sure to check out our video interview with Ineeka's Shashank Goel
- Superfruits - who doesn't love anti-oxidants?
- Infused Waters and Sodas - apparently if your water doesn't give you something else, it's just not good enough
- Infused Alcohols and Mixers - a drink is no longer just a drink - be sure to check out our video with TMD's enthusiastic Michael Ward
- Goat Dairy Products - Move over cows, goats are taking over!
- Real wasabi - okay, this one isn't a food trend, but I forgot to mention it anywhere else and wanted to share this picture with you
If all of that is overwhelming, then check out this video clip to get the complete idea:
To check out a LARGE gallery of images, read more