Not only does ginger add a zesty, fresh flavor to your favorite dishes, but this tasty root is practically a cure-all! Use it to aid digestion, ease cold and allergy symptoms, and even soothe sore muscles. Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger  is especially healthy for you thanks to the nutrient-rich volcanic soil it's grown in. Hand-cultivated on Wakaya Island in Fiji, Wakaya ginger is the most potent ginger available because it's 100 percent organic, pesticide-free, grown using natural irrigation systems, and packaged in the highest of standards to seal in all its goodness. Click on for easy recipes to find out how to use this versatile, ancient ingredient for a tastier, healthier life.
Wakaya Perfection Fresh Mint Organic Ginger Lemonade
Nothing says "Summer" like a tall glass of lemonade!
- 1 mint leaf
- 1 shot kumquat or Bush lemon juice
- 1 shot sugar syrup
- 1 tsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder 
- 2 shots ice water
- Pour all ingredients into shaker. Shake, and then pour into serving glass. Float lemon and serve.
Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Zingerita
This isn't your average margarita! A dash of ginger adds a hint of the South Pacific to this party favorite, and thanks to the root's stomach-calming properties, you can indulge in one or two more without suffering later.
- 2 oz. Reposado or Añejo tequila
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder 
- Pour ingredients into a shaker; add ice and shake well. Garnish with bamboo reed or lime wedge.
Wakaya Perfection Asian Barbecue Chicken
While some barbecue sauces can be too heavy for the Summer heat, the ginger in this recipe keeps the meal light and refreshing without sacrificing a spicy kick.
- 1 lb. chicken and/or ribs
- 3/4 cup plum and/or apricot sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder 
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. sesame seeds (optional; sprinkle on after cooking)
- Stir all ingredients except meat together until well blended.
- Adjust spices according to your taste.
- Meat can be marinated in sauce or it can just be brushed on at barbecue time.
- Brush glaze on meat at least twice per side while cooking.
- Serve with a side salad or baked beans.
Wakaya Perfection Organic Peach Ice Cream
Though ginger adds a potent kick to savory dishes, sweet treats can also benefit from its tartness, like in this ginger-infused peach ice cream.
- 6 fresh ripe peaches, diced
- 1 pint heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1-2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar, depending on preference
- 1/2 tsp. or more Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder  (to taste)
- Lightly whip heavy cream to aerate for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar to blend.
- Pour into a large bowl and add additional milk.
- Puree half of the diced peaches and add ginger powder to taste.
- Stir in diced peaches and puree until well blended.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions, or have some fun and make ice cream in a can! (Or Ziploc bags.)
- In 1 lb. coffee can, mix all ingredients. Seal can lid well with duct tape.Put small, sealed can inside larger 3 lb. can. Pack ice and 1 cup salt around small can. Put lid on large can and duct tape closed. Roll back and forth on a large towel (optional) for 15 minutes. Open large can and dump ice and water. Wipe small can dry and open. Stir mix, scraping sides of can. Additional ingredients, e.g. cookie crumbs and chopped nuts, can be added now. Reseal small can and place back in larger can. Repack with salt and ice. Continue rolling for 10 minutes more. Open large can and dump ice and water. Wipe small can dry and open. Enjoy!
Wakaya Perfection Organic Scalp Treatment
Don't let your taste buds have all the fun. Ginger can also give your hair follicles a boost! Simply use this recipe as a shampoo alternative to rid hair of impurities naturally and enjoy an increase in hair growth thanks to ginger's stimulation of your scalp.
- 1 tbsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder 
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. warm water
- Combine all ingredients in a squeeze bottle and shake well.
- Tilt your head back, and apply liquid to damp, towel-dried hair, making sure to not allow liquid to drip into your eyes.
- Massage into the scalp using your fingertips, then proceed to the hair shaft.
- Leave on for 3-5 minutes and rinse well, avoiding hot water.
Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Aromatic Bath
Need a moment to recharge? Create a spa day at home and enjoy a relaxing aromatic bath that will also help clear your upper respiratory system.
- 3 tbsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder 
- Draw hot bath.
- Sprinkle Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder into running water.
- Stir well with your hands.