- Put a flower on it with these special wedding hair accessories — Beauty
- Inside Gwyneth Paltrow's night at the Apple store — Celebrity
- The fiber you should be eating — Fitness
- Get 5 bootlegged beverages from The Great Gatsby — Food
- Mother's Day recipes your kid can help with — Moms
- Download these Spring desktop backgrounds ASAP — Tech
- Watch the trailers for this month's biggest movies — Entertainment
- Jive through a roaring '20s wedding — Sex & Culture
- No water needed for these floral decorations — Home
- Grab a hold of a chic bridal clutch before it's too late — Fashion
- Clean your bathroom in 15 minutes or less — Smart Living
- Set up your own puppy cam in 6 easy steps — Pets
- Video: Should you see The Great Gatsby? — Entertainment
If you're lucky enough to have a mom who cooks, chances are you grew up with deliciously nourishing homemade meals and a repertoire of heirloom family recipes. This Mother's Day, thank Chef Mom for years of hard culinary work with pretty gifts to beautify her kitchen! We've picked out our favorite fetching accessories to make her smile when whipping up the next family meal masterpiece.
The Great Gatsby is out in theaters this Friday, but we were able to sneak into an early screening, and as expected, the film is full of glam, glitter, and bootlegged beverages. These five cocktails, as seen in the film, are guaranteed to help you party just as Jay Gatsby would.
Whether you're going the DIY route and asking a friend or family member to bake up a cake, or working with a pastry shop, wedding cake design doesn't stop at aesthetics. From ultratraditional (triple chocolate) to tropical and trendy (coconut passion fruit), these flavor combinations will help inspire the most important aspect of your cake: what's inside. Consider our suggestions as just that, the baker or bakery you're working with will likely have ideas of their own, and many of these flavor combinations can be mixed and matched as well. You're sure to be truly inspired: just keep reading.
We've got a partnership with the recipe, equipment, and product-testing gurus at America's Test Kitchen. They'll be sharing some of their time-tested recipes and technical expertise with us weekly. Up this week: solutions for all your popover problems, plus a reliable recipe.
The perfect popover rises tall, baking up golden brown with a crisp exterior and custardy interior. Making a popover isn't complicated, but plenty of factors in the kitchen can plague the desired puff and result in a sunken, squat, or just plain ugly specimen. We developed our Perfect Popover recipe to ensure the highest rise and crispiest crust on every freshly baked batch. Along the way, we figured out exactly what makes for a perfect (or pathetic) popover. Read on and see what popover failures we popped up in the test kitchen — and how we addressed all their shortcomings in our final recipe.
- Eight brunch trends happening right now — Zagat
- How to throw the ultimate, all-day Arrested Development party — HuffPost Food
- Watch the trailer for Somm, a documentary on the Master Sommelier exam — Eater
- What's going on in Bradley Cooper's Häagen-Dazs commercial? — Yahoo! Shine
- Is bacon the secret to a long life? — Delish
- Check out the winners of the Munchies Awards — The Braiser
- The history of stadium nachos — Smithsonian
This simple ribboned carrot salad might not be the first thing to jump off the beautifully photographed pages of Louisa Shafia's much-lauded cookbook The New Persian Kitchen, but skimming past it would make for a small tragedy. Vinegary and bright, with a nutty, roasted note from the toasted sesame seeds and oil, it's not only visually stunning, but also delightfully balanced and far more nuanced than its simplicity would suggest.
Even better, it's quick (and easy) to prepare and can hold up to an overnight stay in the fridge, making it weeknight dinner- and brown-bag lunch-friendly, a rare and impressive feat. So what are you waiting for? Bust out the vegetable peeler, and get down to it.
America is home to more than 100,000 head chefs, and last night, a select handful — along with a few restaurateurs, general managers, and wine and spirits professionals — took home a James Beard Award, the industry's top prize. Wondering what makes these names such a big deal? Then get to know the people behind the country's best restaurants and bars.
Nothing beats the heat like a bowl of homemade ice cream. Since strawberries are in season and the weather is starting to warm up, try this refreshing recipe by Running to the Kitchen.
Using coconut milk instead of cream, this recipe is a dairy free option that everyone will love!
For more — and the recipe — visit her blog, and then be sure to share your food photos via Savory Sights on POPSUGAR Social or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
Red Carpet Fashion and Beauty Coverage:
- The covetable jewels, bags, and heels to hit the Met steps
- Don't miss the exceptional and punk-chic manicures from the Met Gala
- Who rocked the best Met Gala mini?
- Madonna bares her butt and more during a night of fashion
- Which one of these hot women did the covered-up-sexy thing right?
- It took how many bobby pins to secure Julianne Hough's updo?
- Sarah Jessica Parker's mohawk wasn't the only hairpiece at the Met
- Buy these Met Gala carpet looks now
- Weigh in on the best cutout look of the night
- Find out what it's really like on the Met Gala red carpet
- See the stars' grand exits following the Met Gala
Couples, Photobombs, and Afterparty Fun:
- The 28 best celebrity Met Gala photobombs!
- Get an inside look at the Met Gala afterparty
- Met Gala couples that keep coming back for more!
- A recap of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's romantic night with fashion
- Why Madonna was the Gala's punk queen of the night
- See all the celebrities who snapped selfies at the Met
- Gawk over the Met Gala's sexiest showstoppers
Pictures, Videos, and the Moments You May Have Missed:
- Michelle Williams leaves the Met Gala with a new man
- Nicholas Hoult on punk icons, Kanye West, and X-Men
- Chanel Iman talks punk on the Met Gala carpet
- Gisele Bündchen makes barefoot look beautiful at the Met Gala
- Anja Rubik opens up about her goth phase
- Tamara Mellon shows off her McQueen look at the Met Gala