We can just see it now — sitting on the backyard patio under the sun sipping on our favorite drinks. Luckily, thanks to the warmer weather that's here, we can make that happen as soon as this afternoon. That's why we've rounded up some of our favorite drinks to enjoy outside. There's something for everyone, like Champagne cocktails for your boozy brunches and Arnold Palmers for more laid-back afternoons. Cheers to savoring Spring with these refreshing beverages in hand!
Don't let whole fish dry out! FreshTartSteph shows us a method of baking it in a salt crust, made from salt and egg whites.
After a brief bake, crack open the crust (very impressive) to reveal moist, silky fish, not salty at all but perfectly seasoned, ready to eat alongside spring vegetables with a drizzle of best olive oil. You can't beat it for elegance and simplicity.
For more — and the recipe — visit her blog, and then be sure to share your food photos via Savory Sights on POPSUGAR Social or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
- Get the fiesta started with this Cinco de Mayo decor — Home
- Funny moments from past White House Correspondents' Dinners — Sex & Culture
- Take a peek at movie grooms who were left at the altar — Entertainment
- Ways to wear your bridesmaid dress after the big day — Fashion
- Kate Middleton and her baby bump continue their royal route — Celebrity
- 30 celebrity lobs to inspire your Spring haircut — Beauty
- Give your little girl wiggle room with cute sandals — Moms
- Become a morning runner with these tips — Fitness
- Take your lunch on the road with 7 travel-ready sandwiches — Food
- Check out the geekiest communities on Google Plus — Tech
- Video: Get bigger, fuller lips in under a minute — Beauty
- Tips that will help you save on groceries — Smart Living
- Did you know April is National Frog Month? — Pets
We'd argue blood oranges taste even better than limes in a margarita; too bad they're out of season right now. Thankfully, we've arrived armed with a pint of blood orange sorbet and our favorite tequila to create a thirst-quencher fitting for Spring and Summer: the blood orange sorbet margarita. With its slushy, creamy consistency and its citrusy punch, we promise it'll be your next go-to drink on a hot day. Watch the video to learn more.
Cooking ground beef on the stove top seems simple enough, but so much can go wrong. Have you ever crowded the pan too much, and found yourself with rubbery, steamed ground beef? Does your beef seep out a ton of liquid, or do you struggle to chop the meat up into bite-size pieces, resulting in "meat rocks" (as one editor's boyfriend hilariously dubs it)? If cooking perfectly ground beef eludes you, have no fear. These pictures will show you how to properly brown ground beef — or any ground meat, for that matter — so that your tacos, tomato sauce, and sloppy joes turn out tasty every time.
Warm Spring weather calls for alfresco dining, so it's the perfect time to bring out your favorite blanket and have a picnic. Whether it's a group affair or a romantic meal for two, a great picnic requires a gorgeous location and a tasty, convenient menu. Not sure what to pack? Here are a few of our favorite picnic picks.
Simplicity is key, so if you plan to pack alcohol, stick to a bottle of wine, beer, or cocktails with three ingredients or less, like the appetite-inducing bicyclette. Add some charm to your meal with striped straws, or consider keeping your drinks in closed mason jars for a cute but practical choice.
Keep reading for more picnic ideas
When strawberries are in season, you can never have too many strawberry cocktails! Instead of mixing the sweet red berries with vodka or gin, why not combine them with tequila for a vibrant twist on the margarita?
This easy recipe is a potent crowd-pleaser that's sure to get the conversation flowing. It may seem like a lot of work to haul out the blender, but trust me, this drink is worth it. It's refreshing and fruity, but salty and strong at the same time: perfection in a glass! Start your party right with strawberry margaritas; here's the recipe.
- Make your asparagus last up to a week longer — Chow
- Why cupcakes aren't over just yet — Zagat
- TGI Friday's is banking big on small plates — Eater
- Culinary Institute of America students stage a walkout — Grub Street New York
- Now you can order Pizza Hut through your Xbox console — Delish
- Spring must-make: stuffed morel mushrooms — Wall Street Journal
Before you start chopping up a storm in the kitchen, make sure you've got basic knife skills in place. Not sure how to make those fancy French cuts — rondelle, julienne, brunoise, we're looking at you — a reality? Watch our primer on basic knife techniques, and you'll be a master before you know it.