The Thanksgivukkah table needs a bread roll of some sort, so why not make it challah? Start by making a challah dough recipe, and then follow these how-to steps to create adorable challah bundles of bready joy.
It's one thing to flip through a gift catalog and another entirely when Hollywood's arbiter of taste, Gwyneth Paltrow, offers her top picks for the holidays. This morning, the star's lifestyle brand, Goop, released its annual gift guide, which contained more than 50 picks hand-selected by Gwyneth herself. Here are a few food-related favorites that we can't help but want for ourselves.
I've always praised butternut squash for its mild sweetness and versatility — but I was surprised when so many of you said you'd never prepared one before or find it hard to work with. Since it'd be a bummer to miss out on this Fall vegetable at home (unless you're willing to pony up $400 for an automated butternut squash peeler!), I thought I'd help you out with instructions on how to prep it yourself. Here's a step-by-step lesson.
- A butternut spin on Fall's best breakfast spread — Food 52
- Doughnuts around the world — Zagat
- Vintage terms for being drunk will make you LOL — HuffPost Taste
- Watch Jon Stewart go on a rant about Chicago-style pizza — Eater
- The latest newspaper to shutter its food section — Grub Street
- Of course the "300 Sandwiches" blogger got a book deal — Delish
- A meal inspired by Roman Holiday — America's Test Kitchen Feed
- 9 products that'll cut your Thanksgiving dinner prep time — Yahoo! Shine
- René Redzepi dishes on creeps and kleptomania at Noma — Epicurious
However you feel about McDonald's recent revamp of its iconic Dollar Menu, the Dollar Menu & More is likely here to stay. On the positive side, with its introduction comes five new sandwiches, all of which we tried. And while the Bacon Cheddar McChicken ($2), Bacon McDouble ($2), Bacon Buffalo Ranch McChicken ($1), and BBQ Ranch ($1) all tempted with their bold flavors, it's one of the menu's thriftiest items — the Buffalo Ranch McChicken — (at $1) that we kept coming back to bite after bite.
It's the question everyone's dying to know: How does Giada De Laurentiis manage to stay so slim? The Food Network chef comes clean about her clean diet in her recent cookbook release. Quite the departure from her bread and
butter olive-oil Italian cookbooks, Giada's Feel Good Food ($19, originally $33) focuses on recipes that are predominately healthy, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. But that's not the only way Giada is expanding her brand. We talked about her other surprising ventures, including what she hopes to be remembered as. Spoiler alert: it's not a TV personality. Read on to see the full interview.
A proper Thanksgivukkah feast must have noodle kugel, doctored up with Thanksgiving flavors like pecans, cranberries, and brown sugar.
The nutty, semisweet, and slighty sour kugel is sure to clear fast at the Thanksgivukkah feast, but if leftovers remain, this particular recipe tastes even better cold the next day, sliced up for breakfast.
In recent years, there's been a proliferation of bread stuffing recipes with delusions of grandeur. Sure, stuffing with a dozen or more ingredients (wild rice, dried cherries, Italian sausage, fennel seeds, pine nuts, eggs, cream . . . ) can be delicious, but we wanted to revisit an older, simpler style of stuffing to counter both the excess of the Thanksgiving table and the stress of preparing it. We wanted purer flavors and less fuss.
To make an easy casserole that would be as tasty as stuffing that cooks in a turkey, we took a long look at our ingredient list and considered what was essential. We subtracted ingredients — and then we had to figure out how to multiply flavor. Onion and celery were a must, but poultry seasoning took the place of the bevy of herbs that season many stuffings. For the liquid, we got the meatiest flavor not only from using all chicken broth, but also by reducing some of the broth to concentrate its flavor. Finally, a nutty browned butter provided richness and a crisp topping to our classic stuffing.
- The makeup and nail polish sets you'll want to gift yourself — Beauty
- Eat a guilt-free burrito that packs just 350 calories — Fitness
- Browse the Isabel Marant for H&M collection — Fashion
- Catch up with the cast of Love Actually — Entertainment
- Video: Treat yourself with these gorgeous gadgets — Tech
- Host the best wine party ever by following these tips — Home
- See the sexiest snaps from the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show — Celebrity & News
- Shop these early Black Friday sales now — Smart Living
- Consider Motorola's new, modestly priced marvel — Tech
- Learn the 10 reasons why you should buy an $80 app — Food
- Find out which sexy Disney prince is your type — Love & Sex
- TV kids we wish were our own — Moms