- Don't even bother with chicken burgers. When asked by an audience member why her chicken burgers never turn out quite right, Flay had a simple, definitive answer: "Don't make them!" Ground chicken breast doesn't work: it's too rubbery and dry. Instead, he offers customers a chicken breast sandwich and turkey burgers to satisfy those in need of a poultry fix.
- A barbecue tour of Lockhart, TX — Zagat
- More on Ina Garten's new frozen sauté dinners — HuffPost Taste
- The true difference between a muffin and a cupcake — America's Test Kitchen
- Anne Burrell is tired of herself — Eater
- Now there's horse meat in Ikea meatballs — Delish
- How Italy changed Nigella Lawson — Grub Street Chicago
- Daniel Boulud on the Bocuse d'Or: "We deserved the place we got" — The Braiser
Traditionally, "chowder" is considered a catch-all word for a variety of seafood and vegetable soups, but several regions have their own spin on the classic dish, perhaps most famously known for featuring clams. In honor of National Clam Chowder Day, we thought we'd offer a rundown of the most popular chowders across the US, from classic New England clam chowder to San Francisco's cioppino fish stew.
- Boston — New England Clam Chowder: Made with chopped clams, potatoes, and onions, this classic chowder is known for having a heavy cream base. For a healthier clam chowder recipe, use almond milk, rice flour, and celery seeds.
- New York — Manhattan Clam Chowder: For this variety of fish stew, tomatoes replace the milky cream base. There are also no potatoes, so the seafood sits in a much thinner vegetable broth.
- Rhode Island — Rhode Island Clam Chowder: In addition to its traditionally clear broth, quahogs (hard clams) and bacon set this chowder spin-off apart.
What do certain recipes for nacho dip, ice cream, and white beans have in common? Why, none other than good ole beer. You'd be surprised that booze is a key ingredient in some unique and ingenious dishes. Click through to see what we're talking about and try them yourself.
We'll bet you've never seen a chili recipe like this before. The dish — which calls for braised short ribs, poblano peppers, lime crema, and more — has us rethinking the comfort food staple altogether. Get the scoop from crccooks.Fire-roasted chili with beer-braised short ribs, topped with corn-bread croutons and lime crema — my favorite Winter comfort food!
For more — and the recipe — check out his blog and then be sure to share your food photos in our community or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
The Academy Awards are today, and we're celebrating the grand finale of award season with a LIVE Oscars show! Tune in as POPSUGAR's Lindsay Miller reports LIVE on the red carpet, while in the studio, POPSUGAR editors Annie Scudder, Becky Kirsch, and Matthew Rodrigues chat about everything from the red-carpet arrivals and show performances to the best acceptance speeches of the night. We will also be talking to POPSUGAR Fashion expert Allison McNamara LIVE from the Oscar red carpet as she anchors the first-ever Red Carpet Digital Lounge as part of the official Oscars Backstage Pass Experience. We'll be sharing all the highlights and biggest moments throughout the night, so tune in right here on POPSUGAR starting at 5:30 p.m. EST/2:30 p.m. PST.
Plus, we'll also be posting pictures of the action as it happens tonight. So make sure to check out the up-to-the minute red-carpet arrivals, vote on your favorite looks with our fashion and beauty polls, share your thoughts in the comments, and follow along during the show with our printable Oscars ballot. We'll also be sharing our own behind-the-scenes snaps from the whole day, so follow POPSUGAR on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram for the latest.
Don't forget to download the official Oscars app, and catch the Oscars today at 7 p.m. EST/4 p.m. PST on ABC!
Don't have time to prepare your own Oscars Governors Ball menu à la Wolfgang Puck's signature dishes? Don't sweat! If you're hosting an Oscars viewing party and still want to impress, we've got you covered with a roundup of elegant bites. They might be tiny, but they sure are filling and guaranteed to keep guests satisfied through the latest afterparties.