February marks both the Lunar New Year and National Hot Breakfast Month, and we've offered up warm and comforting recipes to get your day started. But it'd be impossible to ignore what is arguably the best hot breakfast of all: the tradition of Chinese dim sum. Dim sum (which technically translates to "point of the heart") can be a disorienting ritual: unrecognizable food being wheeled around in carts, waiters who only speak Cantonese, and an endless number of dumplings and buns.
We're here to save you from the confusion of the process, as we present to you our ultimate field guide on the subject. We promise, you'll never be scared to order dim sum again!
French toast comes in all different shapes and sizes, as baronoff illustrates with her caramel french toast cups.
For the recipe, check out her Savory Sight and then be sure to share your food photos in the YumSugar Community or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
We've all got someone (or two or three . . .) on our gift list who rocks to their own special beat. So this holiday season, treat them to something spectacular that's easy on the eyes, music to their ears, and perfectly in tune with their personal sense of style.
Not only do Beats Solo HD headphones deliver the superior sound Beats by Dr. Dre products are famous for, but they also look as good as they sound — drenched in colors that are red like a heart, teal like Miami, white like snow, and lots more.
- Yum's got new obsessions that will keep you fueled through February
- Savvy's soothing picks will relieve your stress
- Fit's keeping us motivated to burn calories all month long
- Fab's surviving the Winter-to-Spring transition
- Très challenges you to see how many titles you can cram into this short month
- Lil's keeping kids warm with supersoft blankets, toasty booties, and sweaters
- Casa's transporting us to warmer climates with scorching items
- Buzz is ready for new TV seasons, movie releases, and the Oscars
- Geek's ringing in the month of love with gadgets to make your heart go pitter-patter
- Bella's trying out a new lipstick (or two!)
- Pet shows they care for furry friends around Valentine's Day
Currently coveting all of our must-have items? Be sure to sign up for the POPSUGAR Must Have box, delivered right to your door each month. Subscribers will get a box filled with the best products curated by our fashion, beauty, home, and fitness editors. Click here to learn more and to sign up for your Must Have box!
We're in full-mode Super Bowl state of mind, dreaming up buffalo-flavored provisions, global chicken wing recipes, daytime cocktails, and more — and now, we're putting it all in one place. If you're trying to figure out what you should make tomorrow, look no further: meet your ultimate guide to game-day food.
Football fans, welcome to the best day of the year! Before you get settle in on the couch for today's ultimate Harbaugh match, get excited for game day right here, with everything from Super Bowl food stats to the funniest Super Bowl TV ads to our custom-made Super Bowl menu. We can't promise a Ravens or Niners victory, but we can guarantee delicious fun.
Test Your Buffalo Wing Stats
Ultimate Football Recipes
Super Bowl by the Numbers
Best Super Bowl Ads
- Dig into a Mediterranean take on seven-layer dip
- Think jalapeño poppers can't be improved upon? Think again!
- Sneak a peek at nine of our favorite cheeses
- Wet your whistle with 15 gin-based cocktails that aren't a gin and tonic
- Super Bowl-party must make: nacho cheese dip
- Bone up on bourbon terminology
- Treat yourself to lovely lemon lavender chicken
- Jazz up cottage cheese with enticing mix-ins
- Master nine indispensable bartending skills
Lay out a sandwich buffet: "Instead of trying to premake all the food, set up a buffet so people can serve themselves, even if it's just on the kitchen counter. Set up a muffuletta bar. Put out things like hard salami, provolone cheese, pepperoni, proscuitto or ham, basil leaves, butter lettuce, roasted red peppers, diced olives. You could do an olive tapenade and mix in a little mayonnaise so you have the creaminess. Depending on your budget and the availability of the grocery store, you could put out sliced avocado."
Set up a bloody Mary bar: "The most popular cocktail to make for the Super Bowl is a bloody Mary, so you can set out a bloody Mary bar. All you need are pitchers of tomato juice, a vodka, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce or cocktail sauce, lime or lemon juice, celery salt, celery seasoning, and pepper. For the garnish, put out lots of celery stalks with the leaves, pickle wedges, and green olives."
Put chocolate-covered potato chip footballs on the coffee table: "Everyone loves Lay's potato chips. They have a baked version; dip each entire potato chip in melted chocolate chips and let them dry. Then beat together confectioner's sugar, a little bit of heavy whipping cream, and some vanilla. [With this icing] pipe on the laces of the football, and you have chocolate chip footballs."
Thankfully, Ryan Fitzgerald, tequila expert and bar manager at Beretta, led me through a crash course on tequila, complete with flight tastings and all. Two hours later, I felt equipped with all the knowledge I needed to dive right into tequila appreciation. The basics of tequila — where it comes from, the way it's made, and how to taste it — when you read more.