This past month we've been working on our culinary resolutions, which have included eating a little cleaner, cooking basics to make at home, and indulging in some comforting classics. From green juice to limoncello Champagne cocktails, buttermilk pancakes to truffle mac and cheese, take a look at all the jaw-dropping recipes we made this January.
If we thought January was busy, it's because we had no 2013 frame of reference: with the Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, and our favorite award show, the Oscars, February is going to be action-packed. Thankfully, we've got a few new obsessions to keep us fueled through the month! From Chinese cooking tools to New Orleans desserts, see what we're crushing on right now.
Slices of pink grapefruit also adorn the salad. If you do not like the bitterness of grapefruit, try salting it before tossing the slices in with the greens. It neutralizes the tartness, letting the essence of the grapefruit flavor shine through. Slices of watermelon radish add a bit of crunch and vibrant color. Compared to other radishes out there, watermelon radish is mild in spiciness, plus it's fun to chomp on a naturally neon pink food!Finally, Point Reyes Toma, a semihard cow's milk cheese, provides a creamy, buttery counterpart to the salad. Everything is tossed in a very simple vinaigrette to let the fresh ingredients dazzle your taste buds.
We've all got someone (or two or three . . .) on our gift list who rocks to their own special beat. So this holiday season, treat them to something spectacular that's easy on the eyes, music to their ears, and perfectly in tune with their personal sense of style.
Not only do Beats Solo HD headphones deliver the superior sound Beats by Dr. Dre products are famous for, but they also look as good as they sound — drenched in colors that are red like a heart, teal like Miami, white like snow, and lots more.
- Curb cravings with mussels and meatballs in yellow curry — Tasting Table
- A bartender's guide to Italian spirits — Zagat
- And the new Ben & Jerry's 30 Rock flavor is . . . — HuffPost Food
- Gourmet nachos: so hot right now — First We Feast
- Burger King admits to having horse DNA in its Whoppers — Grub Street New York
- Make beer pizza for Super Bowl Sunday — Delish
January could be about greens and juice cleanses, but the bitter cold month makes us crave comfort food. Nothing beats burgers, soup, melted cheese, and pastries, to name a few things. We challenged you to share Instagram photos of the comforting food you're eating; take a look now.
Looking for a lighter snacking option this Super Bowl? Try delectable sweet potato hummus from crccooks.A healthy, nutrient-packed dip and appetizer that you can feel proud of serving to your family and friends.
For more — and the recipe — check out his blog, and then be sure to share your food photos in the YumSugar Community or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
- Which of these Super Bowl scandals was most unforgettable?
- Check out the cutest lil football fans
- The 5 football basics to learn before Sunday's game
- Re-create the top romantic beauty looks from film
- Beyoncé blows out her Super Bowl press conference with an a capella performance
- How to look cool and not corny at a Super Bowl party
- Glam up 9 everyday things with glitter
- The inside scoop on Oz: The Great and Powerful
- Get this sophisticated Super Bowl party decor before it's too late!
- Inside Macworld/iWorld 2013
- Primp your pet's paws with at-home dog grooming tips
- Learn how to master the essential bartending techniques
- Video: Miley bares her bra in So Undercover scene