- A slow-cooked bolognese sauce worth every minute — Tasting Table
- See inside Disneyland's exclusive Club 33 — Eater
- 7 fast-food deals you don't want to miss this Super Bowl — Zagat
- A new study finds eating fruits and veggies can make you happier — Delish
- Taylor Swift: the new face of Diet Coke? — HuffPost Food
- How to throw a hipster-approved Super Bowl party — Grub Street
Ever wish you could be better at making cocktails in the comfort of your own home? Then you're in luck, because it's week five, and we're going to show you how to master the home bar. Stay tuned all week for stories on everything from home-bar essentials to the basics of rum to essential drink recipes worth learning.
Got any special requests for us? Be sure to leave them in our comments below.
Botanical beauties: gin 101
Rum 101: Why you should give the slandered spirit a chance
Cognac 101: A very special guide
Bourbon 101: regulations, varieties, and ways to imbibe
Tequila 101: a basic primer
The kitchen can either come with great amounts of pleasure or great amounts of stress. Luckily, with a few great kitchen tools that have multiple purposes, you'll be able to fret less and whip up many more delicious meals. These 10 affordable tools are essentials in any kitchen, and you probably have several of them in your own. Read on to find out the many uses for each tool and share your tips in the comments!
Maximize mornings dmash-style by baking a big batch of lemon rosemary muffins, indulging in one fresh from the oven, and freezing the rest to brighten dreary mornings to come.These lemon rosemary muffins are the perfect baked good to pair with chili (hello, Super Bowl?), eggs and bacon, or anything else you can think of that deserves a muffin or two. When I make these, I make multiple batches. They freeze so well, and I always find myself popping one of these in the oven with whatever I'm making for dinner. They are super simple to make, just use your favorite Bisquick or pancake mix!
For more — including the recipe — check out her post and then be sure to share your food photos in the YumSugar Community or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
Red-carpet fashion and beauty coverage:
- Who wore what to the SAG Awards!
- See the hottest looks from the red carpet
- What do you think of the smoky eye trend?
- Hot-pink gowns ruled at the SAG Awards
- What do you think of January Jones's fashion-forward look?
- See how your favorite stars primped before the show
- Anne Hathaway is straight off the couture catwalk in a sheer black gown
Couples, friends, and the cute moments you may have missed:
- Jennifer Garner drinks up during the SAGs with Ben Affleck
- Check out the cutest couple moments at the SAG Awards
- See all the celebrity fun inside the show
- All the red-hot red-carpet stars at the SAG Awards
- Ben Affleck buddies up with Hugh Jackman on the red carpet
The list of all the winners, plus more SAG Awards fun:
Remember: no matter how small your space may seem, with just a few basic changes, you can restructure your kitchen's organization and make cooking a delicious and painless process. Don't let the idea of overhauling daunt you: just breathe deep and read on!
- Sneak a peek at our favorite products from the 2013 Fancy Food Show
- Try comfort food with a luxurious twist: three-cheese truffle mac and cheese
- Gear up (literally) for your Super Bowl party with fabulous hosting essentials under $25
- Banish waste and kitchen clutter with tips for efficient cooking
- Start lazy weekend mornings right with a sky-high stack of fluffy buttermilk pancakes
- Get sweet on sweet potato soup swirled with za'atar oil
- Master a new culinary skill by cooking through our favorite technique-driven cookbooks
- Let a classic seven-layer dip steal the spotlight at your Super Bowl fete
- For a taste of the tropics, try keoke coffee — a Hawaiian favorite
While there's nothing tastier than a big schmear of cream cheese on a freshly toasted bagel, this tasty spread can multitask in some amazing ways. Whether you're going for something savory or sweet, cream cheese can add a layer of delicious decadence that won't go unnoticed by the people who love to chow down on your food. Ready to get inspired? Here are five creative ways to make the most of the cute cream cheese tub in your fridge.
- Add it to a dip. The addition of some cream cheese to your favorite dip can give it a whole new depth of flavor. If you haven't added cream cheese to a dip recipe before, we're partial to these tasty mushroom goat cheese queso and caramelized vidalia onion dips, both starring cream cheese.
- Create a creamy marinara. Throwing together a last-minute weeknight supper? Take your traditional marinara sauce to the next level by adding a heaping helping of tasty cream cheese to the pan when you're heating up your red sauce. This is an easy way to make your basic sauce a little more exciting to everyone at the table.
Keep reading for three more tasty ways to enjoy cream cheese.
Now that I've shared my breakfast du jour with you, I'd love to see something memorable you've devoured. We've got a group called Savory Sights, where you can upload mouthwatering images of foods and drinks you've made, consumed, or simply salivated over. Start showing us your photos. There are lots of ways to participate, so read on to learn more.
Perhaps you've tried cheddar beer chips, cheddar beer fondue, or even beer-infused cheese, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this bacon-studded cheddar beer soup is a whole new frontier, unless you've dined at Jonathon's Oak Cliff in Dallas, TX, where this ridiculously indulgent dish hails from.
Now, let's address the hulking elephant in the room: unlike many soups, this soup is decidedly not diet food, but that's OK. Heck, I could barely finish one petite bacon-studded bowl before admitting defeat, even though I loved every dreamy-creamy spoonful. Rather, this luxuriously decadent soup is the sort that's meant to be shared and paired with a pint of beer and a heaping mound of the greenest salad you can get your hands on.
That said, it is very good — as in ditch your dinner plans and make it tonight good. I can say with absolute certainty that I'll be making it at any appropriate opportunity I can conjure — for starters, I can think of no better Super Bowl party treat — and suggest you follow suit. Treat yourself!