- What rare, medium, and well done actually mean — HuffPost Taste
- 10 women who should have made the "Gods of Food" cut — GrubStreet
- Roast chicken like a pro — Zagat
- Turkey ice cream . . . no, just no — Delish
- How hipster food ruined Paris — Eater
- The secret to silky-smooth sauces, gravy, and more — Food52
- Baking powder's rise to prominence — America's Test Kitchen Feed
- A stress-free dinner party plan — Yahoo! Shine
- How to celebrate Thanksgivukkah as a couple — POPSUGAR Love & Sex
Roast turkey and maybe even a honey-glazed ham are a given at Thanksgiving, but what if you're a vegetarian or hosting one at your Thanksgiving table? Enter this showstopping pumpkin tian — essentially a savory custard — from John Besh's much-anticipated new cookbook, Cooking From the Heart.
Far more simple to prepare than its dramatic presentation would suggest, this rich, eggy dish deserves a spot at your holiday table, dietary restrictions or not. I know I'll be giving it at least one more go this Fall. Get the elegant recipe.
Sure, you've got Thanksgiving recipes that are never to be messed with (mom's secret gravy, for instance). But every now and then, we love the idea of chucking tradition for unique dishes that bring that wow factor to the table. Sides are a great way to do that, because, let's be real, sometimes mashed potatoes deserve an upgrade. Ahead, check out 10 of our favorites and incorporate them into your recipe arsenal this holiday!
What's even better than apple crisp à la mode? Apple crisp ice cream from crccooks.
Combine apple crisp à la mode into one glorious dessert!
For more — and the recipe — visit his blog and then be sure to share your food photos via Savory Sights on POPSUGAR Social or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
- Weigh in on the best MTV Europe Music Awards looks — Fashion
- Create your own art installation in no time — Home
- Enjoy tweets from the geeks we love — Tech
- Lose the last 10 pounds with these tips — Fitness
- Relive the MTV EMAs with our roundup of the best pics — Celebrity & News
- Rock crown braids with these five celebrity styles — Beauty
- Transform your bathroom into a sparkling clean sanctuary — Smart Living
- Behold: your Thanksgiving cooking experience in GIFs — Food
- Watch the viral funny finds you may have missed — Entertainment
- Get nostalgic with '90s songs from awkward school dances — Love & Sex
- Shop the most luxurious holiday gifts for kids — Mom & Kids
If the ridiculously cute cheese-ball shapes from Michelle Buffardi's Great Balls of Cheese ($17) haven't caught your eye, then surely the triple-chocolate cheese ball will do the trick. Semisweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and cocoa powder swirled into cream cheese make for one powerfully rich chocolate cheese ball.
This particular cheese ball is massive. If you're going to a smaller holiday party, then plan on cutting the recipe in half . . . that is, unless you want to divide the cheese ball into two smaller ones and hoard the extra for later. This cheese ball tastes like dark chocolate cream cheese frosting, making it an excellent vessel for graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and strawberries.
If you've ever eaten at California Pizza Kitchen, then chances are you've tried the restaurant's most signature menu item, its BBQ chicken pizza. The unconventional pie, which was introduced at the opening of CPK's Beverly Hills restaurant in 1985, became instantly popular and opened the door to the idea of nontraditional toppings on a pizza crust. While the all-American combination of sweet and spicy barbecued chicken, gooey cheese, and hearty pizza crust has been copied all over the world, we went behind the scenes at CPK's test kitchen to learn exactly what goes into the original. See how it's made, and then get the recipe.
Thanksgiving's only 18 days away, and if you haven't started planning yet, it's time to start hammering out the details. Regardless of what you're serving on Turkey Day, one thing's for certain: if you plan everything in advance, the big day will be smooth and stress-free.
This year, we're set on you having the most memorable and successful holiday ever, and we've created the ultimate planner to help you out. Keep scrolling to download our free (and printer-friendly) planner, and you're one step closer to hosting a fabulous feast.
Dread cooking when it's cold outside? We've got a recipe for chicken pot pie that's sure to warm your house (not to mention your soul). This version — which comes courtesy of POPSUGAR Food host Brandi Milloy's grandma herself! — is ready to eat in under an hour. Watch the video to learn how to make everything, from the creamy chicken filling down to that perfectly golden, flaky pie crust.