Brace yourself for the merriest Christmas of all this year, thanks to our eggnog martini. It's creamy, rich, and sings of spices from cinnamon to nutmeg — and it's all topped off with a crunchy, boozy graham-cracker-crust rim. Watch the video, then download an eggnog martini recipe to add even more spring to your holiday step!
- Pizza Hut's new pie has a crazy double crust — Zagat
- What is deviled ham, anyway? — HuffPost Taste
- Gordon Ramsay calls Jamie Oliver fat and smelly — Eater
- Find out where Guy Fieri got an honorary doctorate — Grub Street New York
- Try this rocky road recipe for the holidays — Cooking With Amy
- Bring these molasses drops to your cookie swap — Circle of Moms
- Vintage Christmas crafts from your kitchen — Yahoo! Shine
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
Sweet-tart and lush in texture, lemon curd (or any curd for that matter) is one of my all time favorite foods. Thankfully, it's extremely easy and surprisingly quick to make at home, particularly if you have a slight taste for danger.
Many recipes dictate that lemon curd should be slowly simmered in the bowl of a double boiler, and while this certainly works and is a good alternative for the cautious, it can be a time-consuming process. Instead, I cut the prep time in half by cooking it all in a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over direct heat. Now I know what you're thinking — eggs cooked over direct heat are bound to scramble — but if you set fear aside and implicitly trust that science is on your side*, you'll be left with lemon curd to spare in record time.
The theme of the party: a cozy Winter night. Invite your friends over for an evening of fun. String fairy lights everywhere and light as many candles as you can (safely). After all, the Winter solstice marks the rebirth of the sun and the reemergence of daylight, so it's only appropriate to celebrate with lights! Play calming folk music like The Wailin' Jennys in the background and bring out the playing cards and dominoes for entertainment.
For scene-setting recipe ideas for your Winter solstice party, keep reading.
GraceDickinson adds holiday twist to brussels sprouts with the addition of pecans and cranberries.A splash of health and holiday color to add to this season's table.
For the recipe, check out her blog, then be sure to share your food photos through our Savory Sights community group or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
- Holiday movie guide: what to see and who to take
- Plunge into Boardwalk Empire's Prohibition-era decor
- Relive 2012 through Pop's Instagram pics
- Beauty buys that make great last-minute stocking stuffers
- What you should know about the newly crowned Miss Universe, Olivia Culpo
- The cutest penguin-inspired picks for kids
- Marissa Webb dishes on her debut Spring '13 collection
- Video: Eddie Redmayne on his friendship with Robert Pattinson
- Easy DIY holiday decor ideas
- Have a bubbly New Year's Eve with the French 75
- The best ab workouts of the year
- CelebStyle: Jenna Dewan hides her baby bump in a sweet sweater coat
- Stellar finds inspired by the night sky
- Hot spots for celebrating New Year's Eve
From decadent desserts to simple snacks, Instagram was nothing short of a foodie haven in 2012. Using our #SavorySight tag, you snapped, ate, and uploaded tons of mouthwatering meals, many inspiring some of our own recipes. Although it wasn't easy — our readers love food! — we gathered some of our favorite Savory Sights pics leading up to the New Year. Take a look and continue to be inspired year-round by following YumSugar on Instagram (@heyyumsugar) and sharing your plates with us.
The next time you're feting the holidays, why not raise your glass with a sophisticated French 75? This citrusy cocktail — which stars two of our favorite things, Champagne and gin — promises to be clean and crisp on the palate. Watch our latest edition of Happiest Hour to learn how to make the refreshing sparkler.