Tuna tartare is one of those dishes that we love to order at restaurants, but never really made at home — that is, until now. We spent some time with Top Chef contestant Stefan Richter to learn the best way to prepare this raw fish dish. Watch the video to learn how easy it is to make in your own kitchen, then read more to print Stefan Richter's recipe for tuna tartare.
Holiday baking season has finally arrived. What better way to kick it off than with bakeware-themed sugar cookies? Pastrydiva shows us how it's done.
With Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approaching, Sydney and I thought it would be adorable to create some treats of baking essentials.
For the whole story (and the recipe), check out her blog, and then be sure to share your food photos through our Savory Sights community group or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
- Fresh styling tips for a chic coffee table
- Gift ideas for the cheese addict
- Claire Danes shops Canada as Homeland gets spoofed
- Delightful beauty gifts under $25
- Baby bags for moms with a designer handbag habit
- The ultimate Fall boot guide
- A sneak peak at Silver Linings Playbook, Breaking Dawn Part 2, and Anna Karenina
- A gift guide for the girlie girl
- Video: Elle Fanning shares her OMG meeting with Angelina Jolie
- Dos and dont's of dressing for a work party
- Anne Hathaway's fit philosophy
- CelebStyle: Shop Gossip Girl's new season-six fashions — including exact pieces!
- TuneIn: a powerful radio app for avid listeners
- Drugstore beauty vs. brand-name beauty
Pull out those ornament and star-shaped cookie cutters! The holiday season has arrived, and it's time to get your bake on! From cake pops to cutout cookies, these 10 cookbooks will help you create festive confections that you can serve at parties or gift to friends and neighbors. Even if you're a pro at piping intricate icing decorations, there's always a new pastry to learn that shows off some serious holiday spirit. Take a look at our sweet offerings.
If you're like me, the answer is not much, as I discovered after attending a dinner held by Olive Oil From Spain. At the event, I had the opportunity to taste a number of olive varietals, from arbequina (buttery and delicate) and cornicabra (zesty) to hojiblanca (bitter almond) and picual (grassy), that showed off the oil's wide flavor range. But I also learned something else: until this point, I've been misinformed when it comes to olive oil. Here are four facts about olive oil that might surprise you.
When it comes to baked goods, looks can occasionally be deceiving. Take this cranberry-swirled gingerbread cake: slightly unassuming in appearance, it's an unlikely contender for crowd favorite when placed side by side with luscious pies, or an elegantly frosted chocolate cake.
That is, until the first bite is consumed. The batter, deeply spiced and spiked with bittersweet molasses, is a strong contender for my favorite gingerbread tasted to date. A hefty swirl of sweet-tart cranberry sauce simply gilds the lily, firmly placing this cranberry-swirled gingerbread in my cake hall of fame.
Despite its unconventional nature, chances are, this year it'll have a place at my Thanksgiving table, and many more times throughout the season to come. I urge you to look beyond aesthetics and do the same.
Want to wow guests at your next fabulous fête? To end the night on a sweet note that they won't forget, fashion your own candy bar. From colorful decorations to tantalizing treats, here's how to pull together a buffet that looks as delicious as it tastes. Watch the video now to see how easily it all comes together.
- Why McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's are hurting — Grub Street San Francisco
- You'll never guess Katie Holmes's secret drink pleasure — Zagat
- Jamie Oliver will drop a US version of his magazine next week — Eater
- KFC-flavored potato chips are a thing — Delish
- 20 quick and easy polenta recipes — HuffPost Taste
- 3 food revelations from Saveur editor James Oseland — Chow
- A feud erupts on Next Iron Chef: Redemption — The Braiser
- Coke's latest project: Coca-Cola Journey — New York Times