The latest stars to take food TV by storm aren't seasoned restaurateurs, but rather precocious young cooks with dreams of rising through the culinary ranks. That's right, we're talking MasterChef Junior! Watch the video to find out what contestants Sarah Lane and Dara Yu are up to and see them compete in a Halloween cookie decoration contest.
Whether you're a die-hard Vampire Diaries fan, can't get enough of Teen Wolf, or tune in every week to catch up on The Originals, you're going to want to sink your teeth into one of these fanged cookies. Watch the video to see how to make these Halloween-appropriate treats — there's a variation for every show — and then stock up on the minimal ingredient list to get decorating.
What's that, there's an eyeball stuck in your throat? Don't worry, that's totally normal this time of year. Before the kiddos come knocking, it's your job to stock up on chocolates and sweets and occasionally devour them yourself. But just know that it comes with consequences — very serious consequences special to the October holiday. Check out some of the best that have made it onto Twitter with the hashtag #Halloweencandyproblems, and remember: open those bags with caution.
Doomed is right.
Oh no. Candy bowl is officially out on the table. I'm doomed. #halloweenproblems
— Will Klose (@lonestarpoke) September 30, 2013
It could always be worse.
I have an eyeball stuck in my throat. #HalloweenCandyProblems
— Busy Mom (@Busymom) October 25, 2012
Bloated from the get-go.
"That looks snug. Are you bloated today?" -Esteem-boosting quotes from my costume fitting #HalloweenCandyProblems
— Tyler Brunsman (@TyBruns) November 2, 2011
Umami, a quality of meaty savoriness that brings depth to many dishes, is widely considered the fifth taste. These 12 umami-enhancing ingredients boost the flavor of whatever we're cooking.
- Secrets to spiced pumpkin cheesecake perfection — America's Test Kitchen Feed
- A first taste of Starbucks's new tea bar pastries — Zagat
- Is a worldwide wine shortage in sight? — Delish
- A very serious question about Cronuts — Grub Street
- Bone up on candy trivia — HuffPost Taste
- Find out what cocktail books inspire top bartenders — Eater
- How to get big clusters in your granola — Food52
- 7 foods to always avoid while traveling — Yahoo! Shine
- Make your Halloween breakfast yummy with ghost toast — Food
- Remove your Halloween makeup the right way — Beauty
- See Lady Gaga's re-creation of a Louis Vuitton catwalk look — UK Fashion
- Watch Kerry Washington's SNL promos — Entertainment
- Save 100+ calories at every single meal — Fitness
- Master Winter brights with these 3 tips — Fashion
- Find the perfect case for your new iPad Air — Tech
- Refresh your decor with organic glitz — Home
- Be inspired by amicable celebrity exes — Celebrity & News
- Video: Celebrate Oktoberfest with 3 German food and beer pairings — Food
- Embrace singledom with these 10 books — Love & Sex
- Give us your take on Pink letting her daughter ride motorcycles — Moms
- Sleep better after looking at these cute animal pics — Smart Living
The trade and grand tastings at the New York City Wine & Food Festival offer hundreds of samples of new food products on the market. We tried them all (so you don't have to) and found only the best, most delicious new products to share. Take a look at these shop-worthy drinks, soups, snacks, and desserts.
— Additional reporting by Nancy Einhart