- Fire starters: You never know what mother nature will bring, but at least you'll have fire with a set of REI Stormproof Matches ($7) or a powerful and efficient BlastMatch Fire Starter ($25).
- Camping cooler: Anything perishable needs to be stored securely in a cooler on ice. This Picnic Time Zuma Insulated Cooler Backpack ($22) makes it easy to transport everything deep into the woods.
- Percolator: Early mornings can be a bit nippy, making coffee a warming, energizing must have, no matter where you are in the world. Brew your morning pick-me-up in something durable and foolproof like this GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Percolator ($40).
- Pan and skillet: Don't leave home without these indispensable pieces: an REI Cook Pot ($35) is essential for simmering hearty oatmeal and warming up canned beans, while an REI Nonstick Frypan ($27) makes frying up proteins like fresh-caught fish or strips of bacon a breeze. Alternatively, this lidded Lodge Pre-Seasoned Combo Cooker ($30) is an excellent multitasker for those who are car camping and don't have to worry about carrying heavy cast-iron pots.
- Swiss Army knife: Keeping a Victorinox Camper Swiss Army Knife ($24) around is always a good idea. This particular version has a can opener (crucial!) and a nifty set of tweezers to help you remove small fish bones from fillets, if necessary.
Even with limited (or no) backyard space, we can't help but spend most of our time hovering over our compact city grills. After all, whether it's a Caesar salad or a chocolatey dessert pizza, throwing any food over the coals seems to kiss it with a fire-roasted flavor that's indispensable with a cold beer and the sun-filled Summer heat.
Check out our assortment of recipes.
If you're new to grilling, or looking to branch out, you've come to the right place to learn just about everything there is to know about grilling, even if you were afraid to ask. See any grilling recipe you could possibly ever want — and more — when you keep clicking.
What's more fun than going to the gym? Creating an inspiration board featuring Reebok's awesome fitness gear and the person who inspired you to get fit, of course!
Entering is easy; simply follow the steps below and you and your fitness hero could win a girls' weekend in NYC for two, complete with a Reebok shopping spree and a starring role in an inspirational fitness video! Once you have created your board, don't forget to email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your "My Fit Pinspiration" board.
Hurry, though, because the contest ends Sept. 6! Click here and start pinning!
We've all got someone (or two or three . . .) on our gift list who rocks to their own special beat. So this holiday season, treat them to something spectacular that's easy on the eyes, music to their ears, and perfectly in tune with their personal sense of style.
Not only do Beats Solo HD headphones deliver the superior sound Beats by Dr. Dre products are famous for, but they also look as good as they sound — drenched in colors that are red like a heart, teal like Miami, white like snow, and lots more.
We are so excited to share what's in our POPSUGAR Must Have box for August! Even though Summer is coming to an end, we're still focusing on staying fit for relaxing afternoons by the pool and keeping our skin glowing and shine-free. We are also entertaining more at home with our favorite wine and scents that remind us of vacation. We hope you love the box, and if you've yet to join in the fun, then sign up for POPSUGAR Must Have to receive our hand-picked goodies at your doorstep!
- Would you rather sip on an Obama or a Romney brew? — Zagat
- How to chill down a bottle of wine in record time — Kitchen Daily
- Egads! One of our favorite beverages might cause cancer — Grub Street NY
- Would you try foie-gras-infused brandy? — Eater
- Lemonade stand raised more than $30,000 for charity — Delish
- Chocolatiers behold: create custom candy molds with this baking staple — The Kitchn
- Should sous vide cookery be banned? — SF Chronicle
The girlie pink-purple hue comes from the addition of blackberry liqueur. Although there's many blackberry liqueurs on the market, I used Chambord, which is made from both blackberries and raspberries, since that's what I had on hand. To give this refreshing beverage a try, get the easy recipe now.
This sweet treat from whipped is jam packed with chocolate, pumpkin, and banana, and is sure to satiate your sweet tooth guilt-free.
Skinny Chocolate Chip Pumpkin-Banana Bread is moist, delicious, and vegan!
For the full recipe, check out her blog and be sure to upload your latest food-related obsessions with us in the YumSugar Community. If you're on Instagram, then join us by tagging your pictures with the hashtag #savorysight.
The wine's cherry and rose scent coaxed us to pour a glass on the heavier side, and as we sipped, the flavor bloomed on our palates. Smooth yet smoky, jammy yet peppery, and floral yet earthy: each sip built upon itself with new notes. Although many Pinot Noirs are thinner bodied and lower in tannins, this wine held its own without being overly acidic. We'd pair it with rich, crispy duck confit or a vegetarian entrée with portobello mushrooms.