Italian risotto is time-consuming, but PaprikaPinot shows it's worth it with a shrimp and vegetable risotto.While risotto is more work to prepare than basic rice, it is well worth the extra effort. This creamy and decadent grain is a sponge for flavors and the slow cooking process allows the essence of the added ingredients to be fully absorbed. This risotto dish includes a variety of colorful vegetables including red bell pepper, green peas, mushrooms and leeks. The shrimp were grilled separately, however, the shrimp shells were quickly boiled with garlic and water to make a broth for the risotto. This is a great Summertime meal!
- Popsicle recipes to keep your kids cool during Summer
- Learn the tricks to grilling pizza
- New nail polish picks any bride will love
- Why women love Fifty Shades of Grey
- Take a peek at Target's 2012 Fall collection
- White statement pieces for your Summer wish list
- Chris Pine talks People Like Us and the "talented" Elizabeth Banks
- Strategies to make the most of your student loans
- Make running feel easier
- Rock out with cool karaoke apps
- Wear floral on floral like Miranda Kerr for girlie flair
- Kate Hudson has bikini time with baby Bingham
- Video: Channing Tatum on Jenna Tatum's reaction to seeing Magic Mike
- Make sure your grill is hot! When it comes to pizza crust, the higher the temperature of your grill, the more blistery and chewably crispy your pizza will be. If you don't have a thermometer on your grill, then check the heat using the "Mississippi" test: hold your hand three inches over the grill grates, and start counting, "One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi," and so on. If you can only count to two or three before the force of the heat makes you pull back your hands, then you know you've got your grill at 600ºF or higher.
For more pointers, keep reading.
We've all got someone (or two or three . . .) on our gift list who rocks to their own special beat. So this holiday season, treat them to something spectacular that's easy on the eyes, music to their ears, and perfectly in tune with their personal sense of style.
Not only do Beats Solo HD headphones deliver the superior sound Beats by Dr. Dre products are famous for, but they also look as good as they sound — drenched in colors that are red like a heart, teal like Miami, white like snow, and lots more.
I'm a bourbon drinker, but manhattans and old-fashioneds just aren't as satisfying in the Summer. If you're looking to switch brown liquor for a clear spirit in the warmer months, the gin new fashioned is a good way to dabble.I got this recipe from Nolet's Silver Gin, which sent along a bottle of booze and some sour cherry marmalade as part of its Cupboard to Cocktail program. Of course, you could make the drink with any gin, but this silver version (from the makers of Ketel One) is exceptionally verdant, smooth, and just slightly fruity. I like the idea of using marmalades and jams in cocktails, because you can buy the ingredient and use it for many things. Plus the cherry and citrus combination has a nice Summer vibe. Get your Summer jams on and make a gin new-fashioned.
If you're tending to ceramics and silverware incorrectly, the odds are stacked against you, and you'll likely run into snafus in years to come. Want to preserve your fancy ceramics and silverware for life? Follow these instructions for packing with care when you read more.
- We present: the floating backyard party — HuffPost Food
- Bobby Flay and Sandra Lee take home Daytime Emmys — Eater
- Little Caesars brings back its "Pizza! Pizza!" campaign — Zagat
- Red Robin introduces the world's hottest pepper into a burger — Delish
- Will YouTube's new channel Hungry satisfy? — Grub Street NY
- Must make: swiss chard and lemon ricotta pasta — Food52
- How to make Greek yogurt, the cheap way — Kitchen Daily
Use red lentils in soups and stews. Red lentils (known in Indian cuisine as masoor dal break down when cooked to produce creamy, thick soups. Dal soups are household staples in India and surrounding countries. Try this Pakistani dal recipe for an authentic taste of India.
Use black lentils in salads. Black French du Puy lentils are small and sturdy, so they can withstand being tossed around in a salad. Use them as a salad topper, or for heftier fare, try this recipe for cold French lentils with potato salad.
Use green lentils in spreads. Employ green lentils to whip up a lentil hummus to slather on crackers, in sandwiches, or on crudités.
What's your favorite color of lentil — and your favorite way to prepare it?
Busting out the grill is almost always inextricably linked to burgers. When you envision the smoky charcoals glowing under the grill, it's hard not to evoke the nostalgic, earthy, and iron-like smell of hamburger patties sizzling on the metal grates. Beef, chicken, black bean, and cheese-stuffed: the options are limitless, but these 10 will keep your grill busy in the meantime.
Relish isn't the only condiment pickles are good for. Here, southerngirlskitchen shows that dills are great in a piquant Summer salsa, too.Dill Pickles + Salsa= Yummy goodness!!
Share your warm-weather creations with us in our YumSugar Community. Don't forget to also add the hashtag #savorysight to your Instagram photos. They could wind up featured here.