We've all heard about the importance of a solid breakfast, but more often than not, good intentions fall victim to making the 8:10 a.m. train. I can't tell you how many New Year's resolutions I've set, only to find myself choking down pasty instant oatmeal at my desk or — gasp! — forgoing breakfast entirely. Difficult as it may be to believe, you really can make time for a filling breakfast, whether you pause for a moment to eat before running out the door or take it to go. We've compiled 10 recipes to combat the fiercest of morning hunger pangs and time crunches.
If you love red velvet cupcakes but not the bright scarlet hue that comes along with them, try gabi29's dye-free version.
Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are just as delicious without the food coloring. Click here to see how they were made.
Share your own baking stories (and pictures) with us in the YumSugar Community. You could wind up featured here.
- Wedding dresses for moms-to-be
- Getting hitched? Don't forget to download this registry checklist
- Take a new look at Angelina Jolie's engagement ring
- Interesting facts about the Titanic's Turkish baths
- 11 common bachelorette party blunders
- The best free online photo editing websites
- Tour Trudy and Pete Campbell's Mad Men country home
- The 10 dresses you should have in your closet
- Get a sneak peek at the movies opening this weekend
- Video: See the celebrity couples that were heating up Coachella
- Travel bargains to consider this Summer
- Healthy ways to spend your tax refund
- Has horse racing become too dangerous?
- CelebStyle: Spice up your LBD with a pair of neon heels
We've all got someone (or two or three . . .) on our gift list who rocks to their own special beat. So this holiday season, treat them to something spectacular that's easy on the eyes, music to their ears, and perfectly in tune with their personal sense of style.
Not only do Beats Solo HD headphones deliver the superior sound Beats by Dr. Dre products are famous for, but they also look as good as they sound — drenched in colors that are red like a heart, teal like Miami, white like snow, and lots more.
This chili will knock your socks off. Not only is it healthy, it is a flavorful and spicy bowl of vegetables, beans, chiles, spices and wine. You can easily serve this to the die-hard meat eaters in your house, and it will be gobbled up.
This chili is also vegan, which means it contains no dairy products. If you are not into the vegan thing, feel free to top your bowl of chili with sour cream and sharp cheddar. The chili is quite spicy. As you see it has a jalapeño AND a chipotle chili. If you would like a more mild version, use half of the jalapeño with the seeds removed. Try not to cut back on the chipotle because it adds a deep, smoky flavor.
For her unique technique — which involves marinating tofu for extra flavor! — keep reading.
- Yellowfin tuna recall: steer very clear of spicy tuna rolls for now — HuffPost Food
- Seven ways to save moolah on home cooking — Yahoo! Shine
- McDonald's may soon be a 24-hour operation — BurgerBusiness
- Meat-free Monday night: dandelion greens, farro, and a poached egg — Food52
- Healthy meals to make in the microwave — The FN Dish
- Inside Saveur editor James Oseland's kitchen — Saveur
- How to get the garlic smell off your hands — Lifehacker
- Giada joins the meatless Monday movement — Devour
Source: Flickr User quinn.anya
Although forgoing meat also helps fight world hunger (and the issue of obesity), it's also proven to be kinder to Mother Earth, even if you're just skipping out on animal protein one day each week. To learn a few of the environmental benefits of going meat-free once a week, keep reading.
If there's one food that we dream of bathing in, it's probably hummus: the silky-smooth chickpea and tahini puree is one that seems apropos for any eating occasion, whether it's as a dip for vegetables or a vehicle for a warm sandwich. But let's be honest: this beige dip seems to appear everywhere in the same iterations, from roasted red pepper to sun-dried tomato. As much as we love it, we're ready for something new.
If you're on the same page about this, then look no further: we present you with five totally unconventional takes on hummus, from kabocha squash hummus to a lentil variety. Grab some pita chips and keep reading!
Source: Martha Stewart
We really like where CheesePlease's head is at with this gourmet grilled cheese sandwich.Grilled cheese with roasted red peppers, portobello mushrooms, and smoked Gouda. These ingredients taste amazing together! My advice — roast your own red peppers!