Tossing pizzas on national TV. Opening restaurants. Debuting artwork at a gallery. Those are just a few things some of the country's most beloved chefs have stayed busy doing lately. See what some of our favorite food personalities, from Tyler Florence to Gordon Ramsay, were up to this week.
We almost forgot (until GraceDickinson reminded us) that baba ghanoush is the perfect way to make use of in-season eggplant.
Yo, let me get some of that baba ganoush.
For more — and the recipe — visit her blog, and then be sure to share your food photos via Savory Sights on POPSUGAR Social or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #SavorySight.
You rocked that hard-earned bikini bod all Summer long, and Fall's call to cover up is no excuse to rest on your laurels. Consider the change of seasons a chance to challenge yourself by setting new goals, working different muscle groups, and stepping up the intensity of your workout routine.
Ready to get that heart rate going? Having the right gear makes all the difference, and one look at the latest trends in fitness fashion was all we needed to get our pulses racing! Look for pieces that, like you, are up for a new workout challenge. Try some of our favorite pieces from adidas, like a lightweight fleece that's warm but not bulky for streamlined movement; ready-for-anything fitted tights that push the limits of every sprint and stretch; and game-changing kicks that boost your stride as well as your spirit.
For your first Get Fit For Fall Challenge, adidas invites you to try a new take on running, with an amped-up warmup, high-intensity interval training, and powerful stretching techniques. This video will get you started — and keep you moving.
Shop all the pieces from the video below, and stay tuned for part two of our Get Fit For Fall series.
- Video: Get festive with this recipe for caramel apples — Food
- Here's why Heidi Klum is the reigning queen of Halloween — Beauty
- How does the 50 Shades of Grey wine taste? — Food
- Get behind the candelabra with these amazing pieces — Home
- Bring the best change with a Fall nursery — Moms
- Travel back to the '90s with these couples costume ideas — Love & Sex
- What's going on with the Jonas Brothers? — Celebrity & News
- Meet the first female Apple executive — Tech
- Jennifer Lawrence is flashing back to the '70s — Entertainment
- Bounce back from your interview blunder — Smart Living
- 6 bridal trends for the wedding-dress obsessed — Fashion
- You can have all of the pasta with none of the carbs — Fitness
While I love to indulge in dessert all year round, there's something about a warming Fall treat that really does it for me. It's time to officially say goodbye to the Summer desserts that cool us off and hello to sweet Autumn treats that heat us up. Check out these 10 recipes that are best served warm!
Meet my current go-to snack, breakfast, and late-night treat: maple-ginger almond butter. Slathered on toast (as here), used as a dip for tart apple slices (pink lady are my favorite), or — let's be real — savored with a spoon, this spicy-salty-sweet spread satisfies. One bite of this upgraded almond butter and you'll be as hooked as I am. Luckily, it only takes a few minutes to make, so what are you waiting for?
While plastic can be recycled, it's not biodegradable, and many recycling programs don't accept plastic bags. That's why we're sharing some of our favorite plastic-free ways to store seasonal produce, from apples to zucchini.
Want to reference it next time you've stocked up on the season's bounty? Download it, print it out, and post it on your refrigerator so you'll never have to look it up again.
This treat makes for a neat trick: make these caramel candied apples for your Halloween party, and watch them disappear. But first, watch the sweet video to learn what type of apples work best, how to keep the caramel shell smooth, and a variety of decorating techniques that will add a touch of festive flair to your apples. On Brandi: Michael Stars
- The 25 best food memoirs of all time — Grub Street
- Yigit Pura has been very busy post-Top Chef Just Desserts — Zagat
- Does eating bacon affect fertility? — Delish
- The great Pappy Van Winkle bourbon heist — Eater
- How long foods stay fresh past their expiration date — HuffPost Taste
- Rachael Ray came to Paula Deen's defense . . . sort of — The Braiser
- Ham- and cheese-stuffed meatloaf? Yes, please! — America's Test Kitchen Feed
- The best way to store a loaf of bread — Food52
- Food Network's recipes by the numbers — Wired