- The 10 busiest coffee shops in America — Eater
- How the government shutdown may affect mealtime — Grub Street
- A game-changing dessert ingredient — HuffPost Taste
- Why the National Meat Council has beef with Mario Batali — The Braiser
- Get your "pizza" fix around the world — Zagat
- The quickest way to prep kale — America's Test Kitchen Feed
- Baskin-Robbins is taking ice cream sandwiches to the next level — Delish
- How to take frozen fish from sad to spectacular — Food52
Like many, I gobbled up Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi's cookbooks Plenty and Jerusalem. Plenty's spicy mango and cabbage slaw is a particular favorite of mine . . . So as soon as I heard that the duo would be releasing a US edition of Ottolenghi (their first cookbook), I preordered a copy. Fast-forward to over a year later when a mysterious package arrived on my desk. Inside was the best sort of surprise: the long-awaited, much-pined-over volume. I tabbed page after page (think sumac- and za'atar-crusted roast chicken and a salad of peaches paired with speck and orange water), but I kept flipping back to this tahini-drizzled eggplant recipe.
Yes, October is the month of Halloween, candy, and all things pumpkin, but those things are so obvious. Instead, we're celebrating the month for the wealth of entertainment it's providing — from Alton Brown's live comedy show to the stunning Modernist Cuisine book of photography. In addition, we're eyeing Fall-friendly equipment, like a high-tech slow cooker with a reasonable price tag to match. Take a look at all our coveted items by clicking through the slideshow.
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
For a pumpkin snack you can enjoy any time of day, bake up these muffins complete with a honey sage butter by Running to the Kitchen.
These pumpkin corn muffins are the perfect balance between sweet and savory. Serve them with a Fall stew, chili, or eat them alongside your breakfast!
For more — and the recipe — visit her blog, and then be sure to share your food photos via Savory Sights on POPSUGAR Social or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #SavorySight.
- Spook up your Halloween with American Horror Story costumes — Entertainment
- Sneak a peek at Lena Dunham's personal emails — Celebrity & News
- Flip your way through our September reading list! — Love & Sex
- Tuck your kids into these amazing sleeping bags — Moms
- Relive the best runway moves from Fashion Week — Fashion
- Eat this, not that, and keep up with your diet! — Fitness
- Make and bake the perfect pie crust — Food
- Eliminate pesky clothing wrinkles without the iron! — Smart Living
- Get your nerd on with these geeky Halloween costumes — Tech
- Video: Relive the Breaking Bad finale in under three minutes — Entertainment
- Revel in the street style beauty looks from Paris Fashion Week — Beauty
- Live your dreams and wear Marchesa . . . on your nails! — Beauty UK
- Coast along with these hand-painted coasters — Home
Jay Z, Beyoncé, Emma Stone, and Blake Lively are among the many celebrities who have dined at Crown restaurant in New York City. The man behind the hot spot is chef John DeLucie, who visited POPSUGAR Live! to share the recipe for a simple, seasonal salad with artichokes as the main ingredient. Watch the segment, and then get the recipe.
After taking the time to bake and frost a luscious chocolate layer cake, sloppily serving up a ragged slice is like stopping 10 yards short of the finish line in a race; that extra bit of effort makes all the difference. With that in mind, we're demystifying the art of plating dessert like a pastry chef. Watch the video for tips and tricks, then try out your newfound skills.