Cookie decorations, edible gifts, and wine galore: December is the season of giving and indulging in all the sweet stuff. We've curated these seven items to help you celebrate the holiday season in a divinely delicious way.
Jump ahead to:
- The best Italian pastry you've never heard of — Food52
- This searing blowtorch has the potential to change your kitchen forever — Eater
- Your definitive guide to all the vermouths on the market — Grub Street
- The simplest spaghetti on earth — Yahoo! Shine
- Does New York finally have some decent Mexican food? — Zagat
- Gateway dishes to loving chicken liver — HuffPost Taste
- Secrets to deep-dish apple pie — America's Test Kitchen Feed
A bowl of whole shell-on walnuts can be a beautiful part of a holiday spread, but the question arises: how to get at the nutmeats nestled inside? A nutcracker may be the most efficient way to go about this task, but there is another less conventional way to do it without tools, and it's a great party trick to boot.
Place two walnuts in your palm. Find a ridge on one of the nuts, and line it up with an indentation on the other, as if putting together two puzzle pieces (this keeps them locked together). Curl fingertips inward using firm pressure, as if trying to make a fist, until the ridged nut cracks open the other.
- Gorgeous holiday collections to add to your wish list — Beauty
- Watch all the trailers for December movies now — Entertainment
- Christmas presents for a crafty fashion fan — Fashion UK
- The best Christmas songs for lovers — Love & Sex
- Paul Walker's most memorable Hollywood moments — Celebrity & News
- Ornaments to geek out your tree — Tech
- The best DIYs to stash in your purse — Smart Living
- Tips to ensure you get the best Cyber Monday deals — Fashion
- The chicest pet gifts on the market — Pets
- Staying alive: a tree trimmer's survival guide — Home
- Why you should be drinking green tea this Winter — Fitness
- Forget the batteries: the best tech-free toys for kids — Moms
- Would you eat gingerbread-flavored Peeps? — Food
We're all searching for the best presents for our loved ones this holiday, and the POPSUGAR Must Have box is the perfect gift for any special lady on your list. With these amazing deals, you can check everyone off your list.
Give one box or a whole year of POPSUGAR Must Have — we've got you covered at any price. With the gift of fashion, beauty, home, food, and fitness every month, what's not to love? Use the codes below, and start gifting!
Valid through 11:59 p.m. PST Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, or while supplies last. Code may not be applied to previous Must Have box purchases. Code may not be used with any other promotional codes, discounts, coupons, or offers and must be redeemed by the date published herein.
It's officially December, which means we're bringing back our 12 days of edible gifts. There's a lot of love given to chocolate-covered strawberries and candied bacon, but why not combine the two ideas to create chocolate-covered bacon?
The odd-sounding dessert will intrigue family and friends, but don't worry. They will love the scrumptiously sweet and smokey edible gift. To see the recipe, read more
Like many, Peeps played an integral part in the Easter celebrations of my youth. Almost too cute to eat and with a pleasantly spongy texture punctuated by a dense and crackly coating of sugar, they were the treat I yearned for year round. So it was a touch bittersweet to discover a few years back that Just Born (the Peeps parent company) had decided to spawn seasonal sweets for nearly any occasion. Sure, I could get my fix at a moment's notice, but as with many treats with a limited season, when their availability escalated, their sparkle diminished.
Given my aforementioned feelings, I was a bit unsure how to feel about these spiced gingerbread men. Would they be a welcome addition to the chubby chick and cheery bunny fold, or would they fall flat? Moreover, would Peeps translate well beyond the classic vanilla flavor?