Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Phew! Try saying that tongue twister three times in a row. The long name brings to mind a delicious and decadent dessert, doesn't it? If you're looking for recipes to make this weekend for St. Patrick's Day then look no further. All week we will be featuring fabulous recipes inspired by Ireland, the color green, and friendly little leprechauns. This time of year I love to use Bailey's Irish Cream liquor to enhance dessert recipes. I can't wait to make this cheesecake, it has an Oreo cookie crust and 1 whole cup of Bailey's! The long name will wow my guests and make it seem like I made an extremely difficult expert level dessert. To look at the recipe, read more
1/2 cup toasted pecans, cooled and crushed
2 cups chocolate Oreo cookie crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 1/4 lbs cream cheese, at room temp
1 2/3 cups sugar
5 eggs, at room temp
1 cup Bailey's original Irish cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Coffee Cream Topping
1 cup chilled whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
chocolate curls or Skor English toffee bits, for decoration on top
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 325°. Mix all ingredients. Press into a 10" spring form pan and up the sides one inch. Bake for 7-10 minute.
- Make filling: beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat sugar in gradually, and then add eggs one at a time. Blend in Bailey's and vanilla.
- Sprinkle half of chocolate chips over crust.
- Spoon in filling. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325° approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until puffed, springy in center and golden brown. Place a pan of water on bottom rack of oven while baking to keep it moist.
- Cool cake completely.
- Coffee Cream Topping: beat all ingredients and spread over cooled cake.
- Top with chocolate curls or Skor bits.
Make ahead: be sure to make and refrigerate at least one day before serving.