2-1/2 cups panko  (Japanese breadcrumbs)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-1/2 lb. chicken tenders
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1-2 Tbs. Frank's Red Hot sauce, depending on desired heat
1/4 tsp. cayenne
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 4 oz.)
1/2 cup sour cream
3 Tbs. milk
- Pour the panko into a shallow dish (like a pie pan) and toss with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Trim off any exposed tendon ends from the wide tips of the chicken tenders, if necessary. In a medium bowl, whisk 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise with the hot sauce, cayenne, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Add the chicken and toss with your hands to coat well. Coat each tender in the panko and arrange in a single layer on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate while you heat the broiler and make the sauce. Position an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler element, and heat the broiler on high for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise with the blue cheese, sour cream, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a small blender. Whisk until well combined and only small bits of cheese remain intact.
- Broil the tenders, flipping once, until they are crisp and golden brown in spots on the outside and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side (rotate the pan as needed for even browning). Transfer the tenders to a platter or to individual plates and serve with the dipping sauce.
- Appetizers, Poultry