Baked Feta with Marinara
1 baguette, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
olive oil, for drizzling
fresh ground black pepper
8 ounces feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Bake until toasted and crisp, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crumble the feta in single layer in an oven-safe serving dish.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes over the top.
- Cover completely with the marinara sauce, spreading smooth.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until the marinara is bubbly and darker in color.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve immediately with the toasted crostini.
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer.