According to most people, you're either a sweet person or a savory one. You either crave cookies, or you crave chips. So what do you do if you fall somewher in between? What do you do if you crave both chips and cookies? If you're looking for an answer to that question, then today's your lucky day. I've actually discovered a recipe for potato chip cookies! That's right, the best of both worlds in one tasty snack. For the recipe, read more
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/2 cup more for coating
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup potato chips, crushed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 375F. Cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed. Lower to medium speed and add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and cinnamon to the butter mixture. Beat on low speed until incorporated. Fold in the potato chips and pecans.
- Form into approximately 1 1/2-inch balls. Dredge in the remaining sugar.
- Place on parchment- or foil-lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 13 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
Yield: Makes 2 1/2 dozen
NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 138(54% from fat); FAT 8g (sat 4g); PROTEIN 1mg; CHOLESTEROL 16mg; CALCIUM 6mg; SODIUM 18mg; FIBER 1g; CARBOHYDRATE 15g; IRON 1mg