2 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Heaping 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup blueberries
1 large nectarine, pitted and sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
Ginger syrup, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF, setting two 6-1/2-inch cast iron skillets in the oven at the same time.
- Blend together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Carefully remove the hot skillets from the oven, and put 1/2 tablespoon butter in each; swirl to coat as it melts. Split the batter between the two skillets, and dot with blueberries (splitting evenly between the two skillets). Place in the oven and cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until the dutch baby has puffed up considerably, the center is set, and the edges are golden brown. Avoid opening the oven door more than necessary as it will lower the oven temperature, which will result in a less puffy end result.
- Garnish with sliced nectarines, and drizzle with ginger syrup.
Makes 2 dutch babies.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles