Adapted from Real Simple
Angel Hair Pasta With Brie Sauce, Mushrooms, Spinach, and Onions
12 ounces angel hair pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
kosher salt and black pepper
8 ounces brie, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups baby spinach
To cut some of the calories, you can use half brie and half low-fat cream cheese, if desired. If you don't have spinach on hand, other greens like arugula, kale, or chard can also be used.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and onion and cook, tossing occasionally, until the mushrooms begin to release their juices, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Add the wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until the mushrooms begin to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the spinach, brie, and reserved cooking water to the mushrooms and onion mixture until the brie melts and spinach wilts. Stir the mixture into with pasta until evenly coated.