For milder flavor, reduce the cayenne pepper sauce to 1/2 cup.
Adapted from Tina Herold
Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip
2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 cup (6 ounces) cayenne pepper sauce (Crystal or Frank's RedHot)
1/2 cup ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped (3 to 4 chicken breast halves or about 3 cups chopped)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
Tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, pepper sauce, and ranch dressing in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Stir in chicken and about half of the cheddar cheese. Stir until combined.
- Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables.
Makes about 6 cups.