Be sure to alter the recipe to suit your palate by picking your favorite variety of hot sauce. Serve this scrumptious spicy dip with chips or celery sticks for an even more authentic buffalo wing feel. Get ready for kickoff and keep reading for the recipe.
2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 cup (6 ounces) cayenne pepper sauce (Crystal or Frank's RedHot)
1/2 cup ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped (3 to 4 chicken breast halves or about 3 cups chopped)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
Tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables, for serving
For milder flavor, reduce the cayenne pepper sauce to 1/2 cup.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, pepper sauce, and ranch dressing in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Stir in chicken and about half of the cheddar cheese. Stir until combined.
- Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables.
Makes about 6 cups.
- Appetizers, Dips
- North American