- Plan ahead, especially when hosting any sort of party. If you can prep ahead, do so.
- Grill everything. Cora's an adventurous griller and likes cooking ingredients such as peppers, citrus, and pineapple on the grill to get a good caramelized flavor.
- Marinate meat. Let meat sit in a marinade for at least one hour and up to 24 hours.
- Clean as you go! It will make your life easier.
- Select affordable cuts of meat like flank steak. It's tasty and doesn't break the bank. Be sure to slice against the grain, it keeps the meat from being chewy.
- Don't be afraid of adding fresh citrus to a dish, the acid will make the flavor pop.
- When making whipped cream, instead of sweetening with sugar, use honey or agave. It's more natural, but achieves the same results.
- Keep in mind the presentation of a dish. If it looks elegant and appetizing, your kids and guests will be more inclined to eat it.