Although it technically doesn't have a season, chocolate seems to taste better this time of year. It's so much easier to indulge in chocolate when you have an excuse like the holidays. Highlight the pure flavor of chocolate by making an easy, elegant mousse tart. The crust is made with cookie crumbs and the simple filling is smooth and creamy. You will need time for the tart to firm up in the fridge so plan ahead. To get this tasty recipe, read more
1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 16 cookies)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) bittersweet chocolate morsels
2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Combine crushed cookies and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Microwave morsels and 1 cup cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on high (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream and powdered sugar in chilled medium mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until blended. Spoon into prepared crust; smooth top.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
Substitution: For a more sophisticated flavor, add two tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur into chocolate mixture before spooning into crust.