If you're already missing your weekly dose of Top Chef, don't fret: Bravo has announced the cheftestant roster for Top Chef Masters, a new series premiering June 10.
In addition to its impressive cheftestant list and exciting new lineup of judges, the new show will also feature special appearances from a number of personalities, ranging from the predictable (previous winners, Tom, Padma, and Gail) to the surprising (Neil Patrick Harris, Zooey Deschanel, writers and producers of Lost). The show has 24 of the country's most prominent chefs vying for a $100,000 charity prize. Like its original counterpart, each episode on the spinoff show will include a quickfire and an elimination challenge — except the first six episodes of Masters will consist of four chefs competing to name a winner. The six winners will then convene in the final four weeks and one person will be eliminated each episode until the finale, when the last one standing earns the title of Top Chef Master.
A surprising number of celebrity chefs were rumored to be on the show, and while some of the information turned out to be untrue, some of it was right on point. To find out which celebrity cheftestants will compete, read more.
- Rick Bayless – Frontera Grill, Chicago, IL
- Wilo Benet – Pikayo, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- John Besh – Restaurant August, New Orleans, LA
- Graham Elliot Bowles – Graham Elliot Restaurant, Chicago, IL
- Michael Chiarello – Bottega Restaurant, Yountville, CA
- Michael Cimarusti – Providence, Los Angeles, CA
- Wylie Dufresne – wd~50, New York, NY
- Elizabeth Falkner – Orson, San Francisco, CA
- Hubert Keller – Fleur de Lys, San Francisco, CA
- Christopher Lee – Aureole, New York, NY
- Ludo Lefebvre – Ludo Bites, Los Angeles, CA
- Anita Lo – Annisa, New York, NY
- Tim Love – The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, Fort Worth, TX
- Rick Moonen – Rick Moonen’s RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, NV
- Nils Noren – French Culinary Institute, New York, NY
- Lachlan McKinnon Patterson – Frasca Food & Wine, Boulder, CO
- Cindy Pawlcyn – Mustards Grill, Napa Valley, CA
- Mark Peel – Campanile, Los Angeles, CA
- Douglas Rodriguez – Alma de Cuba, Philadelphia, PA
- Michael Schlow – Radius Restaurant, Boston, MA
- Art Smith – Table Fifty-Two, Chicago, IL
- Suzanne Tracht – Jar, Los Angeles, CA
- Jonathan Waxman – Barbuto, New York, NY
- Roy Yamaguchi – Roy's Restaurants, San Diego, CA
Do you have any pre-show predictions? Who will you be rooting for?