1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons)
1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste 
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 large bunch celery, thinly sliced (about 5 cups), leaves reserved
4-ounce chunk Parmigiano-Reggiano
About 1/2 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Drizzle the thinly sliced celery with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt, toss to coat evenly, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, 1/4 cup lemon juice, shallot, celery seed, celery salt, anchovy paste, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, in a small mixing bowl. Toss the celery with the dressing, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, in order to allow the flavors to meld.
- Just before serving, top with parmesan shavings, celery leaves, and flat leaf parsley.
- While the salad should be dressed at least an hour before serving, it will only improve with more time, and makes a fine make-ahead salad — just top with Parmesan, celery leaves, and parsley before eating.
- The thinner you can slice the celery, the better, so while a sharp knife works fine, we'd recommend using a mandoline if you have one, as it'll drastically reduce prep time and ensure more uniform slices.
- Salads, Vegetables