Keep reading for the recipe.
1 teaspoon butter, melted
4 sheets store-bought phyllo dough, at room temperature
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly brush the bottom of a sheet pan with the melted butter.
- Place one sheet of the phyllo dough on the sheet pan; brush with butter and sprinkle with shredded cheese and paprika.
- Continue layering the phyllo dough along with sprinkling the cheese and paprika on each layer. Top final layer with cheese, paprika, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice stacked phyllo sheets into 30 to 40 evenly sized squares.
- Bake for seven to 10 minutes or until the phyllo has lightly browned and the cheese melted.
- Remove the crackers, and let cool. Use the pizza-cutter to help cut the crackers, and then place in a serving bowl.
Makes 30 to 40 crackers.