Choose whichever goat cheese you prefer. I used herbed goat cheese here.
2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
7 ounces goat cheese
4 large basil leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
3/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Wash each chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel. Place in a pyrex or ceramic baking dish.
- With your fingers, loosen the skin from the meat on each breast, leaving one side attached.
- Slice the goat cheese into rounds and place half of it under the skin on each breast. Place two basil leaves under the skin of each breast.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over each breast and evenly sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken breasts for 40 to 45 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Main Dishes, Poultry