Don't believe me? Well, 172 people praise it over on the Food Network's website. It's decadent, rich, and insanely chocolaty. Thanks to the help of a hand mixer and microwave, it takes about 15 minutes to make and another 15 to bake.
Since everything is more appealing mini, I like to slice them into small squares and serve as brownie bites. When paired with vanilla ice cream, they also make one mean brownie sundae. If you're a fan of fudgy brownies, you should stop reading this and make these — now! Get the recipe.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 stick butter
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Chocolate ganache for topping, recipe follows
Special equipment: 9-inch round foil cake pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a hand held electric mixer, beat the eggs and salt together in a large mixing bowl until frothy.
- Add the sugar and beat until the eggs are thick and pale yellow, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and beat an additional 30 seconds.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir to insure that the chocolate has melted. Microwave an additional 30 seconds, if needed.
- With the mixer running, pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Add the flour and beat 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat an additional 30 seconds.
- Spray the cake pan with a pan release spray and pour in the brownie batter. Place the pan on the top rack of the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes until the center is barely set.* Remove the pan from the oven and let cool. Top with the ganache and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove from freezer and slice immediately. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
*Cook's Note: If tested with a toothpick the center will still be gooey. If tested by touch, the center will be soft. It will set once frozen.
1/2 cup (4 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
- Put the chocolate chips and cream into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl and stir with a whisk or fork until well mixed. Use immediately. If using the ganache later it will need to be reheated.
Makes 3/4 cup.
- Desserts, Brownies