1 cod fillet, cut into two pieces
1 bunch of asparagus, last two inches cut off
2 Spring onions, sliced up to green part
2 tablespoons of basil, cut into a chiffonade
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, sliced or minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
Cracked black pepper (optional)
I sliced my ginger when I made this but I would suggest mincing it instead.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set two large pieces of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Set a piece of cod onto each piece of paper. Place half of the asparagus right on top of each piece of fish. Do the same with the Spring onions. Top each piece with equal amounts of basil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and olive oil. Crack some black pepper if you like.
- Close up the parchment paper to make two little packages.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and asparagus is tender (but not overcooked!).
- Transfer your fish and some of the sauce to a plate and toss the parchment paper in the garbage.
- Fish, Main Dishes