Although most of a bachelorette party in Vegas will be spent living it up in the casinos, bars, restaurants, and nightclubs, I'm hosting a small lingerie shower for Elena in my hotel room. Along with some simple snacks, I'll serve sugar cookies.
However, these cookies won't be round like in the picture: I'm making them festive by using pecker cookie cutters!
To take a look at the cookie recipe, read more.
2 1/2 cups self-rising White Lily or cake flour
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put flour in a bowl and make a well in center.
- Beat together butter and sugar in another bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Add butter mixture to flour and rub it into flour with your fingertips just until dough comes together in a ball (do not overwork dough, or it will be tough).
- Halve dough and work with 1 half at a time. Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Cut out cookies with a floured cutter (we used a 2 1/2-inch fluted round cutter), arranging cookies, as cut, 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Reroll scraps once, using as little flour as possible, and cut out more cookies.
- Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, in middle of oven until very pale golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet 1 minute, then transfer to a rack to cool 5 minutes if serving warm, or to cool completely.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen (3-inch) cookies.
Make ahead: cookies keep in an airtight container 1 week.
- Cookies, Desserts
- North American