A girl after my own heart, FabSugar loves to host parties. Since our Sex and the City Marathon went so well, Fab and I are collaborating on another upcoming event: a black and white luau. The party will have all of the aspects of a typical luau — tropical flowers, Hawaiian-inspired dishes, etc, — but since it's a black and white theme the event will be chic and sophisticated.
A luau is a classic Summer party that's fun and fabulous to plan, so take my ideas and adapt them to make your own memorable bash. Let's start by sending invitations. To see how I made the ones here, read more.
You will need the following supplies to make a similar invitation:
- tropical print decorative paper
- nice white paper
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Start by creating a new document in Microsoft word. Write out a fun message describing the party. On our invite, I wrote the following message in Baar Sophia size 14:
Fog city doesn't host enough luaus, so join me in toasting
Summer and fog, with a black and white themed luau!
Bring your friends, your rum, and your fun.
FabSugar’s Grotto, San Francisco, CA
Saturday July 12, 2008
The dress code is strictly enforced!
At my luaus everybody gets leid.
Mahalo and hope you can make it!
If desired, add a thick, black border to enclose the text. Print out on regular paper and check for grammar and spelling mistakes. Once satisfied with the look and feel of the invite print out on the nice white paper.
- Cut down to size.
- Using the glue, mount on the decorative paper. Cut down to size.
- Turn the invite over and paste more decorative paper to the back. Cut down to size.
- Slide into an envelope and send.