Thanksgiving is the biggest food holiday of the year; the entire celebration revolves around the meal. Thus, I'm planning a Thanksgiving dinner for foodies — those who love to cook and eat. From the invite to the decor I've got you covered. Take my ideas to make your own memorable and scrumptious Thanksgiving. Let's start by sending elegant, homemade invitations. To see how I made the invites shown here, read more.
To make a similar invite you will need the following supplies:
- cardstock in several different Thanksgiving themed colors
- leaf-shaped hole punch
To assemble the invite:
- Create a new document in Microsoft word. Choose a more formal font (I used Snell Roundhand Bold in size 16) to set the sophisticated mood of the dinner and write out the details:
You’re invited to a Thanksgiving Dinner
That celebrates the bounty of the season.
Thursday, November 27th
3 o’clock in the afternoon
PartySugar’s House, San Francisco
Please rsvp. 415.555.5555
Print on plain white paper and check for any errors.
- Once satisfied with the look and feel of the text, print out on the colored cardstock.
- Punch out leaf shapes in three colors.
- Glue the leaves to the cardstock, creating a border on the top and bottom of the text.
- Cut the invite down to size. Slide into an envelope and send.