Finally, the third season of Heroes is almost here! The show debuts next Monday, Sept. 22, and to celebrate I'm inviting friends over to watch the premiere. All this week I'll be providing tips and recipes for the perfect viewing party. If Heroes isn't your thing, take my ideas and use them to host a premiere party for your favorite show, be it Ugly Betty or Grey's Anatomy. To get things started, let's make invitations. To learn how I made the collage invites seen here, read more.
To make a similar invite you will need the following supplies:
- black cardstock
- images from Heroes (I found all of mine on BuzzSugar!)
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Start by creating a new Word document in Microsoft. Insert a large circle. Inside the circle, write out the details of the party. For mine I used the font Bank Gothic in size 12 bold to write the following message:
Finally Heroes Is Back!
To celebrate you’re invited to watch the season premiere
at my house.
Monday, September 22, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Please RSVP: 415.555.5555
Print out and check for spelling and grammar mistakes. Once satisfied with the text print out on nice paper.
- Cut out the circle.
- Cut out the images from Heroes. You want to get creative, think of it like a collage.
- Place the circle text on the black cardstock. Arrange the Heroes images around the text in a circle.
- Glue the images to the cardstock.
- Cut out the invite. Slide into an envelope and send.