It's the most wonderful time of the year! December has arrived and with it a flurry of fabulous parties. Every year my sister and I host a holiday cocktail party and this year I'm inviting you to the spectacular soirée. I'll share my party plan with you here and you can adjust my ideas to suit your own holiday needs. Let's start with the invitations.
If you are busy, download, print, and fill out our chic holiday party invite. If you have the time, get crafty and make your own version like I did here. To see how I did it, read more
To make a similar invite you will need the following supplies:
- colored cardstock
- festive ribbon
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Start by creating a new Word document. Write out the details of your cocktail party. I used the fun font, Mistral in size 16, to write out the following message,
It’s the most wonderful time of the year
Let’s get together and make some holiday cheer!
Cocktails & Appetizers
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Casa de PartySugar, San Francisco
Regrets only: 415.555.5555
Print out and check the text for grammar or spelling mistakes. Once satisfied with the info, print out on the cardstock.
- Cut down to size. I used special edged scissors on mine.
- Cut another piece of cardstock into a square about 9 inches by 9 inches. Make sure that the invite fits inside of the square.
- Fold in each of the four corners to enclose the invitation.
- Glue decorative ribbon to back of outside of the envelope.
- Tie ribbon decoratively.
- Slide into an envelope and send.