KatieSugar sure is growing up fast. Just this morning she was using her walker to toddle around the room and nobody could work because she was being way too adorable to ignore. A girl as special as lil'sugar deserves the most fabulous 1st birthday celebration. Naturally her parents turned to me to deal with all of the party planning details. So I got busy earlier this week (her birthday is June 1 and we want the invites to be sent at least three weeks in advance) making the invitation, creating a delicious menu of miniature party food, and coming up with a couple of all-pink drinks. Today I'm designing the look, inspired by the pink stripes that grace the walls of Katie's bedroom, so for the details read more
Since this is for a child's birthday keep the decorations fun, young, and fabulous.
- Cover the ceiling of the party with pink balloons and long pink ribbons. These balloons will filter and reflect the natural daylight (the party is at 1pm) creating a beautiful rosy glow.
- Fill vases with fresh pink tulips with long stems. Steer clear from using pink roses this isn't a wedding and you want the feel to remain casual.
- Dress the tables in pink and white striped tablecloths.
- Arrange the food on large pink platters garnished with pink berries and have pink striped cocktail napkins and white plates for the finger foods.
- Fill bowls with tiny pink candies and more berries.
- Arrange clear glass pitchers of the Pink Lemonade and Watermelon Martini on the bar. Fill a large silver tin with ice for beer and pink champagne.
- To take the party outdoors line the pillars of your deck (or fence if you don't have a deck) with alternating pink and white streamers.
- With thick pink ribbon tie bows to the back of chairs, around vases and on doorknobs.
- For a fun game ask guests to send you a picture of themselves on their first birthday. Pin to a large cork bulletin board or arrange on your bulletin board and have everyone try and guess whose 1st birthday baby picture is who.
- Give guests an old fashioned pink and white lollipop as a party favor.
Got a perfectly pink party decoration idea for KatieSugar's 1st birthday bash?? Share your ideas with us below!