Memorial Day — the unofficial start to the summer — is this weekend and naturally I'm planning a barbecue to celebrate! All this week, I'll feature ideas so you can have the best barbecue in town. Once you have decided on a time and place, it's time to make and send invitations. To see how I made the simple ones pictured here, read more.
To make the invite you will need the following supplies:
- transparent colored paper
- decorative patterned paper
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Create a new document in Microsoft word. Write out the details of the party. For my invite I used the font Lucida Handwriting in size 12 dark blue bold to write the following message:
You’re invited to grill and chill
at a Barbecue!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
PartySugar’s Vacation House
Regrets only 415.555.5555
Print out on plain paper and check for spelling and grammar errors. Once satisfied with the text, print out on the transparent colored paper.
- Cut down to size and carefully glue to a piece of the decorative paper.
- Mount this on another piece of decorative paper.
- Cover the back with more fun paper.
- Send in envelopes addressed with your best handwriting.