Valentine's Day is less than a week away and the only thing stopping you from having an incredibly lovey-dovey dinner with your lover is yourself. It's not impossible, you can plan a private little passionate evening for you and your honey bun that's sure to be 101 pounds of fun. Many couples feel pressured to spend a lot of money on an expensive meal at a fancy restaurant in order to properly celebrate their love for one another. I propose that instead of making reservations, you make plans to host your own special dinner to express your heartfelt, genuine feelings for your guy. You will be in control of everything including a hand written invitation, a budget-able meal, and an enticing bottle of champagne. To learn how to change the look of your house to reflect that of a romantic seductress, read more
- Start with a clean and clutter free house (this includes the bedroom where the party will most likely move to at some point during the night!). A mess will only make the situation feel tense and stressful.
- Cast alluring shadows by lighting all of the candles in your house. Especially if you have a few that will fill the rooms with fragrant floral aromas like lavender, jasmine, or tuberose.
- Instead of having dinner on your regular everyday table/special dining room table, set up a super small folding table or tv dinner tray near your fireplace, balcony, or large window with a view.
- Cover the table with a red, pink, or lacy white tablecloth (or piece of fabric).
- Set two place settings using your best china and put a clear vase with a single beautiful rose in vibrant red, blushing pink, or snowy white in the center.
- Arrange two chairs so you sit very close, side by side while you enjoy the dinner.
- The morning of Valentine's Day make a quick stop at your local florist and ask if they have any older pink or red roses for sale. You'll use the petals as mood enhancing decor so the flowers don't need to be the freshest.
- Sprinkle the petals up the walkway to your front door (if you live in an apartment building scatter some in the hallway and on your welcome mat) and on your bed.
- The lighting in the bedroom should be soft and glowing and the petals sensual and inviting.
Have an amazingly alluring decor idea for a romantic dinner? Please tell me about it below! Tomorrow the last piece of the puzzle will fall into place: the music that will set the mood of the evening.