If hosting a holiday cocktail party is too formal for your entertaining style, host an ugly sweater themed bash instead! Invite all of your friends over and tell them to wear their most obnoxious Christmas sweater. This type of party is fun, informal, and hysterical. To get guests in the mood send a fabulous invitation. You can download, print, and fill out our ugly sweater party invite or make a more personalized invitation like the one seen here. To see how I made it, read more
To make an invite similar to the one seen here you will need the following supplies:
- 2 sheets of cardstock
- a funny picture of you and the other hosts/hostesses dressed in your ugly sweaters
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Start by taking a fun picture of you around your Christmas tree in an ugly sweater.
- Make a color photo copy of the picture and cut down to size. Set aside.
- Create a new Word document on your computer. Write out the details of the party. I used the font Bradley Hand ITC TT-Bold in size 14 to write the following message:
You’re invited to rock around the Christmas tree
In your ugliest holiday sweater!
This Saturday night, December 15
8 o’clock pm
PartySugar’s house, San Francisco
Only those wearing a fabulously ugly
sweater will be admitted to the party!
Print out and check the text for grammar or spelling mistakes. Once satisfied with the info, print out on the cardstock.
- Cut down to size.
- Using fun scissors, cut another piece of cardstock down to size. This will act as the frame to the picture.
- With a round shaped object, trace a circle on the picture. Place the picture on top of the frame cardstock and the circular object on top of this. Carefully slide the picture out while holding the circle in place.
- Trace the circle on to the cardstock and cut the middle out. Turn over.
- Glue the picture, face down to the back of the frame.
- Glue the text face up to the back of the picture.
- Add any special touches. I glued a gold bow to the front of mine.
- Slide into an envelope and send.