This week I'm helping my sister and her best friend plan a Valentine's Day party. None of us are in a relationship and instead of sitting at home sulking, we're gathering up a group of single gals and hosting an uber-girlie fiesta. If you don't have a special sweetie, I suggest you do the same! Before the party can begin we have to send the invites. You could send out boxed Valentines or make a crafty invitation like the one I made here. To see how I made this adorable invite, read more.
To make an invitation similar to the one seen here you will need the following supplies:
- cardstock in different shades of pink and red
- heart confetti
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Start by creating a new word document. Write out the details of the party. For my invite I used the font Century Gothic in size 12 to write this message:
Valentine’s Day is almost here,
if you’re single and fabulous have no fear…
Because we’re throwing a party!
Please join us for a celebration of self-love, fondue, and fun.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Erica’s house, San Francisco
Center the text to the middle of the page. Print out on a plain piece of paper and check for grammar and spelling mistakes. Once satisfied with the look of the text, print out on the cardstock.
- Fold the top third of the invite down covering the text. Cut the extra third of cardstock off the bottom.
- Get creative with the front of the invite. Cut out hearts in different shapes and sizes and glue to cardstock. For mine, I cut hearts out of two shades of red cardstock and turned them into kites with pale pink ribbon.
- Decorate the inside of the invite by scattering the heart confetti all over, gluing the pieces into place.
- Slide into an envelope and send.