The dog party will be in the park, so serve cocktails and drinks that can be made in batches in advance. The menu is casual picnic food and a fun flavored mojito will pair perfectly. Bing cherries give a festive color and feel that are refreshing on a hot day at a park. Instead of regular lemonade, offer non-drinkers a pomegranate ginger lemonade. Stack clear plastic party cups near the drink pitchers so that guests can serve themselves. The guests of honor can't be forgotten, so be sure to have lots of fresh, cool water to hydrate your pooches. A super-sized, communal water bowl or a bunch of mini bowls with each doggie's name written on it are essential. Want to pour these drinkies at your next party? Then just read more
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice (about 9 limes)
3 pounds dark cherries, such as Bing or Burlat, pitted
2 1/4 cups best-quality black cherry or plain vodka
1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling water
- Bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool completely. (Makes about 2 cups syrup.) Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.
- Put lime juice into a medium nonreactive bowl. Halve 2/3 of the cherries; add all cherries to lime juice. Stir in syrup. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to overnight).
- Stir cherry mixture and vodka in a large serving bowl.
- Fill 12 glasses with ice. Spoon 1/2 cup cherry-vodka mixture into each glass.
- Top with sparkling water; serve immediately.
1 qt. lemonade
2 tbs. fresh ginger juice
½ cup pomegranate juice
Pour over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.