From Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine
Frozen Mojito Cakes
2 sticks (8 ounces) butter
3 cups salted pretzels, finely crushed
1 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar
Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
Grated peel of 3 limes, plus 1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons white rum
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
2 cups heavy cream
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the pretzels and 2 tablespoons sugar and cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Press about 2 tablespoons into the bottom of each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar on low speed, then gradually mix in the lime peel, lime juice, rum and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.*
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly among the muffin cups; smooth the tops. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a wet knife around each cake, then invert the pan onto a clean work surface. Set each cake upright and top with a mint sprig.
*During this step, I stirred in a few drops of green food coloring.