With proposal season kicking off ahead of the holidays, it's easy to feel pressured to race to the altar. But why the rush? Lauren Conrad — who recently got engaged to William Tell — dishes her advice on this pressure to marry in the upcoming January issue of Cosmopolitan. "You have the rest of your life to be married," Lauren said. "Enjoy falling in love. When girls get caught up in the timeline, it becomes more about the wedding than the marriage. You should be with someone with whom you could elope this weekend and be happy." Keep reading for more details on Lauren's engagement!
Need we list the sexy ensembles Miley Cyrus has worn over the past year? Between baring her midriff and flaunting her gams, the singer has caused nearly as much of a stir with her style as her lyrics. So it's not surprising to see Miley modeling a fur coat, spiked bra, and menswear platforms (all at once!) in British Cosmopolitan. What is surprising is what she had to say!
In the full interview, which appears in the December issue and digital edition on stands Nov. 7, Miley is shot by Peter Pedonomou in everything from a bowed red latex dress to a sparkling sheer sheath. But she admits it's a simpler style that makes her feel most seductive. "When do I feel at my sexiest? After I've eaten something really healthy and done Pilates, and I’m wearing tight leggings," she explained. "When I'm in gym clothes I actually feel sexy and healthy, so sometimes I'll stay in them all day!" While she certainly isn't wearing gym clothes in these shots, we think you'll find Miley's other photos to be quite enticing!
Don't expect Miley Cyrus to spend her time dwelling over her recent breakup with Liam Hemsworth. The singer opened up in the December issue of Cosmopolitan (which is also her second cover for the magazine in less than 10 months) and revealed that she doesn't want her breakup to eclipse her current career success. "This is the best time of my life," Miley said. "I'm not going to look back on it and be like, 'I wish I hadn't been dwelling over a breakup,' you know?" Miley added, "Because that's not what God wants my life to be about right now. God wants my life to be about being successful and being happy and blessing other people and being blessed."
Despite staying positive about her very public split from Liam, Miley can't help but feel some negativity from her critics. She told the magazine, "Society wants to shut me down" but added that she thinks the criticism about her outfits and onstage antics have only bolstered her underdog image. "It's almost punk rock to like me, because it's not the right thing to do," she said. However, Miley was quick to add that she appreciates the support she's gotten from Kanye West and Katy Perry. One thing is for sure, her Forever Unique dress for her Cosmo cover is a hit with fans.
Keep reading to see her past Cosmopolitan cover.
Miranda Kerr opened up about her relationship with Orlando Bloom in the November issue of Cosmopolitan, and her comments gave us some insight into how the two stars get along. For one thing, the two like to keep their work lives separate, and Miranda, who runs her own skin care company when she isn't modeling, doesn't like to be the boss at home. Keep reading to find out what we discovered about the Kerr-Bloom relationship.
- Miranda likes to be feminine at home: "Don't feel like you have to do and be everything. Let the man do some things for you, because if he cares for you, he will want to. When I get home, I'm not the boss like I am at work — I slip into a more feminine role. I take everything off and put on my Stella McCartney silk robe. I'll put on a red lip or red nails, and it lifts my mood. Sexy underwear also gives you a spark."
- She respects Orlando's acting: "Flynn says Mommy works and Daddy plays, because Daddy is in a play . . . so that makes sense. When I saw Orlando on Broadway in Romeo and Juliet, I was blown away. For someone to be able to learn all that and hold the energy to do it every day, six days a week — I have so much respect for him."
- They keep work and their private lives separate: "We don't run lines. We keep that very separate. That would be like me asking him to teach me how to catwalk.”
Nina Dobrev has some very supportive — and very stylish — friends. The actress, and Cosmopolitan cover star, hit the magazine's Summer bash with Katie Cassidy and Julianne Hough by her side. Nina was a standout in a bright yellow embellished Julien Macdonald minidress, which she finished with ankle-strap heels and a gold clutch. Not to be outdone, Katie and Julianne also suited up in their own sexy looks. Katie opted for a lacy black dress with sultry sheer panels at the side and a pair of classic pumps to polish it off, while Julianne stepped out in a strappy, cutout Camilla and Marc LBD and coordinating zippered, open-toe booties. There's no shortage of sexy inspiration in this Young Hollywood crew — but which of the actresses gets your vote?
Sofia Vergara showed off her curves in a tight white t-shirt and figure-hugging red skirt for Cosmopolitan's June issue, which hits newsstands on May 7. She's been busy with her starring role on ABC's hit sitcom Modern Family, along with filming for her big-screen project Heat. Sofia's blossoming career isn't the only reason she's making headlines recently, though, since her love life and talks of expanding her family have also put her in the spotlight. Sofia touched on the personal topics in the magazine and shared how she stays "sexy" at home. She also addresses the moment she knew she had "made it" in Hollywood.
- On setting a wedding date with fiancé Nick Loeb: "He was already married with a big wedding and I was already married with a big wedding, so we're going to do something but not right now. When he proposed, it was my birthday, and I'd flown more than 100 family and friends to Mexico for six days of partying. It took me forever to arrange the logistics! If I had known I was going to get engaged, I don't do this stupid birthday."
- On rumors that she and Nick are planning on parenthood via a surrogate: "Well, because I froze my eggs. I had to go to my doctor's office a hundred million times to do injections. The [rumor] probably came from that. My doctor had told me 'We have a small window.' I said, 'That's so rude!' I already have a kid, so I never thought I would need to do that. But I will have to use a surrogate, because I had thyroid cancer and lots of radiation. I don't want to wait forever, but not yet, because I'm working like an animal."
- On being high-maintenance in bed: "No one can be a sex kitten every day, and anyone who tells you that is lying. But I do wear negligees and Japanese silk robes. For a long time, I lived along with my son and only saw my boyfriends in a hotel. So at home, I slept in old tee shirts. I realized when I moved in with Nick that I couldn't do that. Now, I only keep nice pajamas around, because whatever is there, I'm going to wear."
- On the moment she knew she made it in Hollywood: "In my 20s, I was already known in the Latina market. When I moved to L.A., I used to go to this club. At the end of the night, everybody would come outside to get their cars. I would be next to Leonardo DiCaprio and Justin Timberlake and my car was always right out in front! Nobody knew who I was, but the valets knew because they were Latin. But I haven't been at this level until now. I'm greedy. I want to take advantage of my 15 minutes."
Rachel Bilson donned a pink dress for the cover of the May 2013 issue of Cosmopolitan, which hits newsstands on April 9. In her interview with the magazine, Rachel opened up about her relationship with boyfriend Hayden Christensen, whom she has been dating on and off since 2007. Read on for more from Rachel Bilson in Cosmo.
- On having kids: "I definitely have family on the brain. Having kids is something I want to see in my future — I hope."
- On her relationship with Hayden Christensen: "I'm a really good girlfriend — I always put all that first in my life. I'm definitely the person who would make him his favorite dinner to come home to."
- On her low-key date nights: "I love to cook, so we make dinner at home a lot and watch movies."
Gluck (above at left), who had been at New York for a decade, will replace Vogue's longtime managing editor Laurie Jones starting April 8. Jones left the magazine at the end of February after 20 years there. Coincidentally, Jones also came to Vogue from New York, where she'd spent the previous 20 years of her career. (While at New York, Jones hired Wintour as the magazine's fashion editor in 1981.)
Elsewhere in the magazine industry, Joanna Coles, who'd been hard at work restructuring her staff at Cosmpolitan, has hired Shopbop head stylist Aya Yanai as the magazine's fashion director. Michelle McCool, who had been Cosmo's fashion director for 10 years, left the magazine just last month. Yanai has worked in fashion glossies in the past: before Shopbop, she was the senior fashion editor at Teen Vogue and fashion director at Nylon.
Photo: Jon Gluck in 2010.
- Revealed: exactly one sketch from the Ralph Lauren Fall 2013 collection. [Facebook]
- Alber Elbaz will design a custom gown for Minnie Mouse to wear to Disneyland Paris's 20th Anniversary celebrations. [Vogue UK]
- Erin Fetherston decided not to present this season in order to prepare for her upcoming wedding to Cobra Starship singer Gabe Saporta. [New York Post]
- Nicholas Kirkwood will collaborate with Selfridges on a four-style capsule collection of shoes inspired by the film Oz The Great and Powerful. [Vogue UK]
- Prabal Gurung's collaboration with Target has been named a smash success; it almost entirely sold out in just one day. [Business Insider]
- Michelle McCool has left Cosmopolitan after 10 years as fashion director at the magazine. [WWD]
Miley Cyrus stripped down to pose for the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine's March 2013 issue, which hits newsstands on Feb. 5. In a shoot styled by Rachel Zoe, Miley confidently wears a suit with no shirt and a see-through top over a purple bra. She isn't shy for her interview with the magazine, either, opening up about her wedding plans with Liam Hemsworth and her music business fears. Here's more from Miley Cyrus in Cosmopolitan magazine.
- On what she's most satisfied with in her life: "Number one is my relationship with Liam. That's what I feel the most confident in because you never know; there's so much hype behind my new record, but it could come out and, worst-case scenario, everyone f*cking hates it."
- On competition in the music industry: "Katy Perry's been my friend for f*cking five years, and I'm not ever gonna let our work get between that relationship. If Katy sticks with being Katy, and Ke$ha is Ke$ha, and Rihanna is Rihanna, and I'm me, there's room for everybody."
- On her wedding plans: "I feel the bigger the wedding, the more it becomes a target for people to ruin. So we just want it to be small, with the people who we'd take bullets for. I don't want to be looking at those photos and see people that I wish hadn't been there. C'mon, I can't even get coffee without a million paparazzi following me, so I don't know why anyone thinks I'm going to have this huge, extravagant wedding. That is so not who I am."