From Williams Sonoma
Chicken Couscous With Dried Fruit
4 Tbs. olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup chopped mixed dried fruits, such as pitted dates and apricots
3 cups chicken stock
2 cups couscous
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Grate 1 1/2 tsp. zest from the lemons and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm 3 Tbs. of the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic and onion are golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin and cinnamon, and then mix in the chicken, lemon zest and juice, dried fruits and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Stir in the couscous, re-cover the pan and remove from the heat. Let stand until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Toss with a fork to fluff the couscous and distribute the cilantro.
- Garnish with the almonds and serve.