Cheddar and Stout Fondue
2 cups 1- to 1 1/2-inch-diameter red-skinned potatoes, halved
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup carrots
2 apples, cored, cut into wedges
1 pound cheddar cheese, grated
2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
3/4 cup (or more) Irish stout (such as Guinness)
6 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Steam all vegetables until tender, about 15 minutes. Arrange vegetables and apples around edge of large platter or in large bowls.
- Meanwhile, toss cheese with flour in large bowl.
- Bring 3/4 cup stout, juice concentrate, and mustard to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually add cheese mixture, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and smooth, thinning with more stout, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer fondue to bowl. Place in center of platter with vegetables.